Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everybody thinks on what the best way to make a stock xrs faster and quicker. My thoughts barker exhaust and new clutch

·
Registered
85 Posts
Clutches and exhaust will make it quicker for sure but faster is a diff story

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Clutches will be the biggest improvement you can do.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
You got to get your ECU reflashed and then clutch for the 8200 to 8450 rpm range. You will pick up power (6HP) and with the reflash remove your speed limiter and full throttle to the car all the time. Of course if you don't have an aftermarket clutch (tuned properly) then you won't be able to put that power to the tires. Removing your CAT delete will pick up power as well (approx 2 Hp but that's cheap power). You will need of course to get more air to the motor so removing the stock air box and get a larger TB will help there. Then you need to tune your fuel with a good fuel prg that will adjust fuel at different rpms. This car likes different fuel under different load and riding conditions. A fuel prg that allows you to adjust for this with different maps is a great power add. The other big power add is ignition timing. This twin can pick up great power with a good ignition map and quality fuel.

·
Registered
85 Posts
To efficiently adjust and Control most of that your gonna need more than a flash, more like a tune monster

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
To efficiently adjust and Control most of that your gonna need more than a flash, more like a tune monster
Why you say that? My Pc5 does that right now on my car and did it on my Commander for 2 years after the reflash...I adjust fuel at different rpms and I run a timing curve different than stock. The tune monster might adjust fuel better (for load) but I'm not interested in spending 1800.00 when a reflash gets rid of BRP limitations I'm concerned about and my pc5 will do fuel and timing mods.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Slap some cams in it and see what happens. Do you autotune or tune on a dyno.
Y wouldn't u just buy a dobeck Gen 4 instead? I mean I know timing purposes for one but as long as you can get your a/F ratio close from one cylinder it's generally not real far off on the other.
I agree the Tm price is crazy I had one on my outty but the one for the mav is outrageous

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
Slap some cams in it and see what happens. Do you autotune or tune on a dyno.
Y wouldn't u just buy a dobeck Gen 4 instead? I mean I know timing purposes for one but as long as you can get your a/F ratio close from one cylinder it's generally not real far off on the other.
I agree the Tm price is crazy I had one on my outty but the one for the mav is outrageous
The dobeck Gen 4 doesn't do timing. Timing is huge on a vtwin if you know a tuner who can tune timing properly and you use good fuel. As far as A/F ratio even getting a solid fuel map is huge if you can adjust at different RPMs and load conditons. I selected the Pc5 and that's all that was out when I got mine installed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know they don't do timing I stated that. Timing does make it snappier for sure I don't really like all the plug chk. If your a/f ratio is on the $ on one cylinder and even a half off on the other we r talking 1 hp max. I was just curious what your reasons were

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow. We'll I just wanted some more take off power I'm not into messing around tuning all day. Or having to tune when I'm trying to ride.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Wow. We'll I just wanted some more take off power I'm not into messing around tuning all day. Or having to tune when I'm trying to ride.
see whatcha did?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sounds like a good start!.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Aftermarket primary will give you a huge improvement over stock in take off.....the reason is they all have a smaller diameter bearing so the clutch starts out in a lower gear ratio than the stock primary.

·
Registered
216 Posts
We run a STM primary and secondary from Cold Blooded Performance and Alba Exhaust with Alba Racing AFR. Don't spend all day tubing. Literally drive it and tune it from the dash with the AFR gauge. Barkers lost power on the dyno by the way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts