Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

need some help lost mph

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  cholber1 
#1 ·
i raced a 900 three weekends ago i saw 76mph .i had put bigger tires on itp blackwater evoulutions so i wanted to do so a Dalton clutch kit to help with the added weight of tires ,i raced the 900 with these tires and stock clutching.i got the kit did installation and pick up down low but lost top end ,so i tried some different combo's all same result .so i went back to stock set-up tonight and still have the issue .not sure which direction to head ,i think i am going to drain gas and start there ,any tips would be greatly appreciated . todd

#2 ·
Do you have the stock secondary spring in?

#5 ·
have you checked your air filter or air inlet to see if they are dirty or blocked….

#9 ·
sorry but I have to ask…….did you have the performance key in when it went slower…..

#11 ·
Ok, you would be surprised how many people have complained about the same problem and found out they used the wrong key or had sport mode off! I won't mention any names (Hunterworks) :cool2:

#15 ·
Check your gas pedal that's it's not bent. I just read a post on here a couple of guys had bent gas pedals. One of them said it wouldn't go past half throttle. Something to check idk.

#17 ·
Bad gas will do it. Probably had water in it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.