Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at some systems ? Not sure, not looking to spend a pile on some thing that doesn't make it ride any better. Something simple to joy ride and listen....help

·
Registered
529 Posts
For me and my wife, the intercom with iPod input worked best over a radio/speakers

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Don't have a radio but a lot of people are running the ssv system. mounts across the roll cage. iPod compatible I believe along with iPhone. They are a supporting vendor also. Check ebay also for pictures.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too was looking for a radio that's under 300 just to hear the many songs on my iphone. I ride sometimes with a helmet and sometimes not. How does the intercom work?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
go with Rugged Radio intercom and an Ipod. much better and easier.

i spent stupid money on a big system and always worried about the batterys running down, and i even had a car alternator in it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Been looking at some systems ? Not sure, not looking to spend a pile on some thing that doesn't make it ride any better. Something simple to joy ride and listen....help
Radio may not actually make the ride better but it does make it more enjoyable. If you and your buddies put in comm and radio so you can talk while riding you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. My stuff is in the signature.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Radio may not actually make the ride better but it does make it more enjoyable. If you and your buddies put in comm and radio so you can talk while riding you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. My stuff is in the signature.
Talking shit to you buddies while driving is well worth the price of an intercom. Comedy while driving.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Talking shit to you buddies while driving is well worth the price of an intercom. Comedy while driving.
You mean talking shit to your buddies right? Your new avatar is cracking me up again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So with the the rugged radios you can connect iPhone/Ipod and listen to songs with the headsets will the sing just pause while you push the button to talk or how does it work. I'm looking into getting one too

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I just bought 2 new helmets that have integrated Bluetooth into the helmet. They are paired together and are also paired to your phone. You can talk to your passenger, take phone calls or stream pandora. There's nothing to wire, nothing to plug in, just be within a 1/3 of a mile of each other. It's almost too good to be true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
U can use that up to 8 different rides all one mile apart
So in a chain it's nearly 8 miles from 1st bike to last

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Those helmets are a good idea and I had thought about going in that direction. IHowever I went with the radio & intercom set up with an Ipod. Works awesome!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I've yet to use em in a ride but the thing I like is that I don't have to plug anything in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Did any one ever try gardo g9 x Bluetooth
I use a cardo scala rider on my street bike helmet works well for music and chatting while on the road they pair easily. one of my steet and dirt riding buddies bought an extra mount and put on his dirt helmet uses it for music, says it works well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts