Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone that installed your winch. The wires up front hanging there, do those or can you hook those up to the solenoid and if so are you able to just plug one of those factory plugs into the rocker switch? please advise. My manual is at a buddies and can't get over there til Friday. Just wondering if I gotta run wires to battery or not. My outlander was like this ( no direct wires to battery).

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yes, you can use the wires up front for your solenoid, those wires run to the center panel where you can plug in a factory rocker switch. Factory battery cables are not ran up front for a winch, you will need to install those.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sick, you have a picture of your solenoid setup? Not sure which wires go where. Sucks not having my book.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, appreciate it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
do a search for winch install on this forum. It shows where you can mount the solenoid, with pics. There's a little spot in front of the air box, the solenoid bracket fits in there almost perfect...I had to grind mine a little bit. Drill out the 2 rivets in that spot, and re rivet with the solenoid bracket. This is a better spot than the shock tower, more protected from mud.

·
Registered
59 Posts
image.jpg

Here is a pic of a commander wiring diagram for the winch. Maverick is the same. I installed a KFI winch and it only used two of the wires.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I went out to take a pic for you and realized I have the solenoid mounted behind the rt inner front splash shield and would have to unbolt it to see it. Sorry I ran out of time last night.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The colors for the factory wires on your solenoid are green to green, black to brown, and grey to black.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, Gonna look for the best mounting position for solenoid. using longer wires from battery to solenoid and other info provided from here.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi guys... good info. But I need more... I just installed my factory Can-am/warn 4000lb winch. It will feed the cable out but it won't reel it in....(it would be more useful if it was the other way around).... either from the dash rocker or the remote. Any ideas? First winch, first Can-am, first sxs!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well, using internet info, I swapped the wires on the winch and now it will pull in the cable but not feed out. Talked to Warn support and they agreed that it was likely a bad contactor and they are sending me a new one. Great support so far from Warn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts