Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everytime I start my machine up the engine light comes on and it flashes (maintence required) rite before is flashes performance key installed. What does this mean?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Have you had the 10 hr svc done? If so, you need to reset it, instructions are in your owners manual.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It means its time for your service. How many hours are on it? It comes on after 10 hours and then I think every 50 hours after.After you do your service you will have to clear it off the screen by following a procedure in your owners manual.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 10hour service was done on it at the dealer but it looks like they did not reset the count down. its close to 40hours now so im going to preform another oil change and reset it! thanks guys!

·
Registered
806 Posts
easy if you read the manual on how to do it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The following MAINTENANCE SOON message will appear in the cluster as a reminder that an inspection is due.

The message can be cancelled as follows:
– Press override button and hold.
– Press and release brake pedal.
– Release override button.
– Press and release brake pedal.
– Repeat steps from 1 to 3.

The sequence must be achieved within 5 seconds. Otherwise repeat the complete sequence.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Sounds simple enough. I had to try a few times to get it done within 5 seconds. I'm a tard. What can I say.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
At least you got it….some people can't get it it no matter how many times they try. Probably the same people who drive and talk on their cell phones and cause wrecks!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, no kidding...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts