Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just recently bought a 2020 can am x3 xmr max turbo rr and everything was fine. Rode it for a couple hours. Next day I noticed that there’s like clicking sounds when I start driving, it’ll start almost bouncing back and forth, and the right tire will slightly spin while the left one just rolls fine. Could do this be a bad axle? Or any other ideas it could be ? Also noticed that it has a higher rpm before it’ll start to roll on its power and it’ll start rolling hard. Not smooth. I’m sure that that could just be a spring making it a higher clutch engagement or could it be something else?

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Clicking sometimes indicates the CV is on the way out. Did you buy it new? XMR is a mud machine, so you are in mud a lot? Could have gotten dirt / mud in there possibly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Clicking sometimes indicates the CV is on the way out. Did you buy it new? XMR is a mud machine, so you are in mud a lot? Could have gotten dirt / mud in there possibly.
I bought it used with about 50 hours. And I haven’t been in heavy mud. More light stuff. I figured it could be an axle wasn’t sure. It does sound a little bad.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Welcome from NW Oregon

Front or rear?
"the right tire will slightly spin while the left one just rolls fine" ....is this on a dry or slick surface?
What RPM is does it start to engage? Have you had a chance to stab the throttle at a roll to WOT up to 50mph and read the RPM?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from NW Oregon

Front or rear?
"the right tire will slightly spin while the left one just rolls fine" ....is this on a dry or slick surface?
What RPM is does it start to engage? Have you had a chance to stab the throttle at a roll to WOT up to 50mph and read the RPM?
Rear right spins. And on either surface. Had the belt break today. Replaced it and it seems to not be doing it anymore

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from NW Oregon

Front or rear?
It engages at about 2500 rpm. I’m not so sure about about the WOT rpm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts