Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I just asked Greg in a PM if his cams are similar or have similar results as the NA cams in the Turbo and he said no. So maybe he will jump in and clarify the HP difference between his cams and the NA ones? And which route is better to go specifically for his stage II setup? Id rather ask in one of the forums rather than PM so everyone gets the answer.
That's why I asked the question

·
Registered
850 Posts
The restriction is the turbo, not the cams, larger cams won't make any power, with stock turbo.
So your cams are for the bigger turbos, the NA cams are for the other stages not running the bigger turbo? My understanding is with the stock turbos people are getting 10 HP gains swapping out with the NA cams.

·
Registered
850 Posts
The cam in the rear heads of the 2016 1000R's ATV have the same part number as the NA Maverick but the cam in the front head is a slightly different part number: 420637414 whereas the NA Mav is part number 420637440. Does anyone know if the cam front the front head of the ATV's would work in the Turbo Mav and still gain the 10 additional HP? Just trying to broaden my search to find some used cams.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Nvm everyone who was gonna sell me their cam install tools, oh wait, yeah no one was gonna sell it to me..... Nate at Alba is helping me out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I hear ya don, I just don't like asking to use people. Just not my stylebut Nate was nice enough to offer to let me borrow, I offered to buy it first though

21 - 32 of 32 Posts