Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally drove it last night. I ran down sandhighway to Olds and back twice.

WOW!!!!!! it soaks up the woops when you are over 45mph, any slower and it bobbles around. The compression and rebound need slowed down some to keep the car planted.

I ran Olds on the left side and was no problem if i hit the woops at 50 then she screamed up. Comming down at 65mph was a blast. Woops were no issue at 65.

I did try to start where the quads line up and hit the woops uphill, the rear end bucked once then planted and pulled the woops and hill. I did not have enough speed to get ontop of the woops untill i was in to the first few woops.

i hit every small little lip with a blip of ther throttle and it jumps great and flat lands like its on a pillow from about 4'.

The headlights on high beams are great for night dunning but need more side lighting.

the steering wheel is fatter than i am used to and a little slippery in my MX gloves. It could be my old worn out gloves.

I ran about 8psi in the stock bighorns in 4wd mostly, in 2wd the car will do 360's all day long.

Today i will do some shock tweeking and dunning then report back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am seriously considering getting a Maverick. I looked at one yesterday in person for the first time and was really impressed. Thanks for the info, but I am curious how it turns. My buddies all felt it seemed top heavy and it would tip easily. From what I have read, the center mount motor makes it have less tip. What have you noticed?

I have always been a Can Am fan and had thier quads until we got into side by sides. We have an XP 4 for the family, but my son has a RZR S. I would likely sell that and get the Maverick. I like the comfort, adjustable seats, and the fact I can monitor the top speed with a key. My son is a great driver, but he is young and if I am not around, I would like to be able to control his speed. Of course the real reason I want it is for the guys trips we do so I can play in it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Reviews have said it turns great. Hope soon to find out.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Car turns awesome. Very easy in the sand. I did a 55 mi ride yesterday, both fast & slow tech driving and had no noticeable fatigue. I also adjusted my shocks yesterday to the softest compression & rebound. Made it awesome in big whoops. Running 63-65mph with no problem, just soaks it up. This thing is awesome. My buddies that drove it could only say one word. ....... WOW!!! And that does sum it up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
They turn and drift really well, got rid of my rzr s and got an xrs. Minimal body roll compared to rzr but I've only got about 20 mi so far. Still learning it for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it turns on a dime and i have no issues turning it. I do want power steering just to get rid of the feedback from the ruts and chop in the sand.

i can throw it in corners and not worry about tipping.

i lowered the rear ride heigth 1.5" and the front 1", i will try this today and see if i like it.

i am running the high speed compression all the way in and the rebound 1.25 turns out. seems to be a good combo for me and the way i drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first ride went awesome. It runs awesome, handles great and thoroughly impressed me in every way. I noticed something a little funky when I was climbing a fairly steep hill. I was in low range 4 wheel drive and going like 10 or 15 mph. When I got about 100 ft up the hill it seemed to be cutting out a little and I feared that I smoked the belt but i just had to give it more gas. it doesn't seem to have done anything but I'm a little concerned. Has anyone experienced this?

I find myself wishing it had power steering almost every time I'm on a tight trail because its so big and I have to back up and make multiple turns and it gets a bit old.

Other thoughts... seats are awesome, leg room is awesome, sounds great and the windshield is super nice to have. I'll keep posting the longer I have it!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Do the low sports mod and get the power steering. You will love it, like a new machine in low. My buddy and I did the power steering last night and took a spin in it. Showed him the low sports mod and he was like... this is great. Wants to do the mod on his mander now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts