Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got home from work to find that big ass box I've been waiting for. It's only been 6 days, but seems longer:big smile:
I unpacked the box, and I gotta say the parts look great. I'm headed out to the garage to install these suckers now. I'll take a few pics during the install and post em up later tonight. Thanks Adam.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Please do post pics of install and some feedback. I am waiting to see what utv inc comes out with, but really like the turnkey doors.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just got home from work to find that big ass box I've been waiting for. It's only been 6 days, but seems longer:big smile:
I unpacked the box, and I gotta say the parts look great. I'm headed out to the garage to install these suckers now. I'll take a few pics during the install and post em up later tonight. Thanks Adam.
I know our current instructions are not the best. We are currently working on our new instruction manual that also includes a install video. Please call me if you have any questions. If you are working on them this weekend and have some questions you can email me.

Thank you for your business,
Adam

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Adam, Yeah the instructions are pretty concise, but if you look while you read them they arent to hard to figure out. A few pics would be helpful though. I got the right door hung, but still need to adjust the alignment and the striker. It took me a little longer to get the door hung than it should have (2 1/2 hours), only because I went on a socket hunt. 1st thing after pulling the seat I dropped a socket. The damn thing decided to hide under the gas tank. took me about 1/2 an hour to find it. I really hate when that happens...lol. Anyway, I'll finish up the right door after dinner.

·
Registered
266 Posts
So does it look like the doors give you more width in the cab? And are they high enough for a nice arm rest?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So does it look like the doors give you more width in the cab? And are they high enough for a nice arm rest?
Definitly more room than the window net gives you and they are perfect hieght for an arm rest. Had to do just a bit of massaging to the striker support by enlongating the bolt holes a little so the striker plate would clear the door better, but other than that the door install was pretty smooth.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Huh... thought there was gonna be pics with this thread, guess I mis read it when it said pics later tonight!!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry I didn't get pics up sooner, but here are a few of the right side

After pulling the seat, glove box, window net, and rocker panel

The right side hinge post install

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right side Striker plate installed

Right door hung, and adjusted

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
NP Adam. The install was pretty straight forward. Getting doors aligned and adjusted took a little time and patience, but all in all I'm very happy with the end results. The doors look like they belong on the car, and not just an after thought. The latches work great, and best of all no annoying rattles.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Huh... thought there was gonna be pics with this thread, guess I mis read it when it said pics later tonight!!
Yeah, I stayed out in the garage too late Thur, finished the install Fri, and went riding Sat and Sun. You got pics on Mon. I'd rather go ride than, eff around on the puter.....sorry.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Andy,

Can you post some pics of how it looks completed with the black doors on? I have only seen the yellow ones that turnkey has on their mav

1 - 20 of 32 Posts