·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks good! I bet that thing is loud!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is the break down. 2" ublots, 6" pvc coupling and end cap and 3' of 6" pipe, speaker wire and wire conduit came from menards and the paint also, the speakers are polk 6.5 i bought from ABC werehouse because they are cheaper (even compaired to online.) amp is a pyle 400 watt 4 chan. got it off ebay.

·
Registered
223 Posts
people never seem to quite get it, but you get what you pay for most of the time. $18,000 ride with a $250 audio system. probably sounds pretty good with a natty lite.

·
Registered
200 Posts
people never seem to quite get it, but you get what you pay for most of the time. $18,000 ride with a $250 audio system. probably sounds pretty good with a natty lite.
Generally I would agree with this statement but not in the case of SXS accessories. Just about everything sold for these machines are extremely overpriced. Some people can't afford to throw $1000 into a sound system that they can slap together for a couple hundred bucks. I figure if you can make it cheaper and it turns out the way you like it, that's all that matters.

Looks good pal, nice job.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Damn, that's awesome. I was thinking about trying something like this, but wasn't sure what the outcome would be. Bet your ass I'm doing it now. Cheap and effective way to put some tunes on your ride.

·
Registered
2020 Canam Maverick X3 XMR RR
263 Posts
Looks great, cant beat cheap tunes. "Get what you pay for" has exceptions as stated. SxS accessories are way over priced period, if you can save a few bucks on tunes im all for it. Put that money saved towards some other mod like clutching/doors or whatever.

Reactions: rchrisman1184

·
Registered
378 Posts
Buy the shit used and you can have a quality system for $500. It's all going in a buggy that sees more dust and water than a rain storm in a friggin rock quarry anyway.

·
Registered
584 Posts
really people? the man made a damn nice setup for a damn nice price! bunch of haters around here. I have thousands in my mav and have a tractor tunes radio and 2 6.5" speakers. plenty loud for what I need and hear music just fine. some people don't care to take these to a damn sound competition. funny yall bitch about the systems people put in their rides yet, yall have a 40,000 dollar truck with factory turd box speakers. seems pretty hypocritical to me. keep up the good quality work and saving a few bucks OP

·
Registered
557 Posts
looks like you put alot of hard work into it! nice job thinking outside the box on cans! rchrman,I dont think anybody Is bashing what he did? Not sure If your reading something I didnt see?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts