Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Damn. I forgot about that. You still need to take the seat out or at least rock it out of the way to fill the oil. This shit needs to be under the hood like a normal vehicle.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
no worries....It takes longer to undo the flipping upper harness straps from the bar than it does to unbolt the seat.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
MRRPM sells the oil filter adapters and relocation kits. He doesn't sell the oil coolers directly but has a link on his website for them....

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was told by a performance shop in Phx that an oil cooler on the Maverick traps oil and makes it run either low on oil pressure or to high... Not sure if that is true but I decided against it. Have you noticed anything different ?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I put over 4500 mi on my old outlander, and 5000 mi on my commander, each had the remote filter and cooler. Each machine ran grate, with no problems. So if you live where it get
over 85' then you mite consider this set up. shoe

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Its still working great for me. No problems. If it was getting low oil pressure, the warning would come on. Not just mavericks using oil coolers, commanders too. Never heard of any oiling problems.

·
Registered
133 Posts
For general trail riding, nothing too aggressive or prolonged full throttle, are you guys seeing a need for an oil cooler? I'm going to get an adapter, just not sure I need to install a cooler

·
Registered
132 Posts
Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Automotive exterior

Front cooler and filter mound on my max xds. Quick easy changes now:)

Reactions: Nellup3
61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.