Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
If it was one pathway for the oil it would, but the cooler is like a 20 row so the fluid would not push all the air out because air rises to the top. It also says this in the mounting directions you get with the cooler. Why do you say lines going down would be better?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just easier and cleaner for routing the lines to go under the radiator. Did you use 90 degree fittings at the oil cooler or straight fittings and run the lines up & over the radiator?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Straight then up and over. If you went under you would be able to see the lines sticking out cause you would have to cut the grill.It works perfect going over the top.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so that adapter is the one for the remote cooler correct....does it not interfere with your interior plastics?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
so that adapter is the one for the remote cooler correct....does it not interfere with your interior plastics?
The standard adapter rubs from what I read on this forum so I got to believe that the only adapter that will work without any potential interference is the remote filter adapter as long as you use 90 degree elbow connections at the engine.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Oil temps from pan through a welded in bung with amechanical gauge.
Oil pressure with a mechanical gauge in the OE port.

Dont waste money on a fancy sandwich plate. The $20 sandwich plates at Summit are plenty.
Dude...you are confusing the hell out of me with some of your posts....there is no oil pan on a Maverick to weld a bung too?? The OE port has the OEM oil pressure sensor/switch in it all ready. There is a spare port in the casing between both cylinders that you can tap into which most people (myself included) are using. What are you talking about when you say a sandwich plate? Are you referring to the remote oil cooler adapter? If so, the ones Summit sells are for using with an existing spin-on filter. The Mav utilizes an internal filter so these would not work for this application......

·
Registered
410 Posts
Someone thinks they joined a Ford Maverick forum.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rmeeks24

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Someone thinks they joined a Ford Maverick forum.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
now that would make sense.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I've been running that exact same cooler and the oil adapter setup for years now. First on the commander and then on the Mav. My oil pressure is between 40 to 50 and temps have never exceeded 180 to 190 no matter how much load the motor experiences.
So you are saying you are running the adapter with the ports for an oil cooler correct? Does this not stick out to far to reinstall the interior panels? Also, how did you mount the cooler to the radiator? Did you fab up a bracket or use the typical plastic push darts to hold it to the radiator.....did you have to modify the radiator shroud???

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
No they dont stick out too far to hit any plastic. My cooler is held on with the heavy duty plastic push pins and the grille.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
No they dont stick out too far to hit any plastic. My cooler is held on with the heavy duty plastic push pins and the grille.
Thanks for confirming......but I guess I am totally confused now because half the people on here that only have the filter adapter (the first one pictured) say that the filter rubs slightly on the plastic. So unless you are running a shorty filter I don't see how the adapter made for an oil cooler (second picture) could fit without rubbing....

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Heavy, if you are going to have an oil cooler, why don't you use the remote filter adapter instead? No interference to anything, you choose filter location and you can put a cooler in the circuit.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Mine sits right up against barely touching the lower panel. It may touch slightly but not enough to rub the paint off the filter or cause any issues. It's not even remotely close to being an issue.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Mine sits right up against barely touching the lower panel. It may touch slightly but not enough to rub the paint off the filter or cause any issues. It's not even remotely close to being an issue.
Thanks again....sorry for a million questions....So I guess the adapter with no cooler ports should have plenty of clearance then....

Heavy, if you are going to have an oil cooler, why don't you use the remote filter adapter instead? No interference to anything, you choose filter location and you can put a cooler in the circuit.
That is the direction I am leaning towards but I just wanted to clear up the confusion I had over which setup was actually rubbing. I will probably go with something like this for the remote filter setup and get the MrRPM adapters...I will run it like this at first with a temp gauge and monitor temps to see if my kind of riding warrants an oil cooler. If it does, I will do a setup like Blownhotrodder's as it looks OEM and sounds like it is a proven setup.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yep. That is where I would like to mount the remote filter. Remove the wheel inner panel and its there. Much easier than removing the passenger seat and interior panels.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
agreed....now since I have my seats bolted in, I need someone to come up with a remote dipstick and oil fill tube :shocked:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
agreed....now since I have my seats bolted in, I need someone to come up with a remote dipstick and oil fill tube :shocked:
Doooh...lol

41 - 60 of 77 Posts