21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jegs? Where do you get a cooler?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do you have a link I can follow to the right stuff I need? I don't really know much about oil coolers and gauges I've never installed one or seen one installed...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just get whatever gauge you want in the correct size to fit in whatever gauge panel you are using. I used autometer 2 1/16 carbon fiber electric gauges and TurnKeys gauge panel. I used a B&M SuperCooler 70273 cooler. Then get your lines and fittings. 001.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just get whatever gauge you want in the correct size to fit in whatever gauge panel you are using. I used autometer 2 1/16 carbon fiber electric gauges and TurnKeys gauge panel. I used a B&M SuperCooler 70273 cooler. Then get your lines and fittings. View attachment 2641
Okay thanks!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That is good info. Are the ports marked in & out on the adapter?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No they are not.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I only have the 2 port, if you get the 3 port I believe the sensor hole is smaller than the other two. Going to the cooler it really doesnt matter which is which, the cooler is non-directional but all you have to do is look at it and you can see which is the incoming and outgoing ports on the filter adapter. Make sure to mount your cooler with the fittings on the top side so you dont trap air.

Reactions: desertdog

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Dont know if it was cheaper but my cooler is twice the size of the one in that kit and my lines are spiral braided hydraulic line which there is pretty much no chance in hell will burst or rub holes in or get cut.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's good to know.
Was it cheaper for you to buy everything separate?
I've seen a whole kit for $240 but the oil cooler looks really small.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Adapters what $100, cooler was about $62, and then whatever lines and fittings. Probably about the same but you get the bigger cooler if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I only have the 2 port, if you get the 3 port I believe the sensor hole is smaller than the other two. Going to the cooler it really doesnt matter which is which, the cooler is non-directional but all you have to do is look at it and you can see which is the incoming and outgoing ports on the filter adapter. Make sure to mount your cooler with the fittings on the top side so you dont trap air.
What do you mean that the cooler is non-directional? Does it flow cross vehicle or fore-aft? Cross vehicle flow may not matter but fore-aft flow will make a difference. If the cooler flows fore-aft and the connections are reversed than you can lose 10-15% cooling performance.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Adapters what $100, cooler was about $62, and then whatever lines and fittings. Probably about the same but you get the bigger cooler if you do it yourself.
Yeah your cooler looks bigger than the one in the kit. It fits in between the plastic grill and radiator with no problem?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yeah your cooler looks bigger than the one in the kit. It fits in between the plastic grill and radiator with no problem?
No you will have to trim the inside of the grill to fit but youd have to with any cooler.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What do you mean that the cooler is non-directional? Does it flow cross vehicle or fore-aft? Cross vehicle flow may not matter but fore-aft flow will make a difference. If the cooler flows fore-aft and the connections are reversed than you can lose 10-15% cooling performance.
Um, what? The oil can flow either way through the cooler. Doesnt matter which fitting you use on the cooler for the inlet or outlet.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Since your fittings are on the top of the oil cooler where do you run you oil lines. To each side of the radiator?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Um, what? The oil can flow either way through the cooler. Doesnt matter which fitting you use on the cooler for the inlet or outlet.
Depending on the flow pattern of the cooler it can matter. I am a engineer at a engine cooling and climate control company. The company I work for manufactures engine cooling and HVAC systems for cars and trucks for all major OEMs.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Lol, ok thats cool. Let me make it easy, it says in the directions you can use either port for inlet/outlet it doesnt matter. Each side of the cooler is identical to the other.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Make sure to mount your cooler with the fittings on the top side so you dont trap air.
Why won't the pressurized oil push the air out?
It would be nicer to have the lines going down.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts