Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive started getting my oil cooler setup together. Ive got the filter adapter and a good filter, I ordered the rest except the lines and am waiting for them to come in. I will update how it goes so you guys that want one can see what to expect. I wanted to do it as much to add alittle more oil capacity as much as the extra cooling. 002.jpg

Reactions: Ken326

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
MR Rpm adapter?

do you think it really needs a cooler? will the stock pump push the oil through the radiator and back without loosing too much pressure for the engine?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it will be fine. He said I shouldnt see any drop at all. The commander guys have been doing it forever. Only difference is that the mav doesnt have all the open space in front of the radiator like the commander does. We'll see, I have an oil pressure gauge to see what happens.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And no more expensive and messy can am filters to buy/change.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Its a great setup.. we ran the same adapter for two full years on our Commander racer...as we change Oil filters every race. We now have it on the Maverick and the oil pressure stays the same, oil is running 15-20 deg cooler too.. and as BHR says, additional capacity of oil too. We have out cooler mounted abover the radiator use to be (its been moved behind and up above the passenger compartment.
dynojet10.jpg

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your cooler is much larger than the one I have coming. Only so much you can fit behind the grill though. :big smile:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Your cooler is much larger than the one I have coming. Only so much you can fit behind the grill though. :big smile:
the cooler we have is way overkill for most...but we will run 1000k miles non stop when doing Baja...or 3 27 mile silt bed filled laps...no option to stop and let the oil cool down- so we have o build for the worst imaginable situation..and we had the option to moving the radiator to the rear...so we filled it with a oil cooler!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that a B&M supercooler?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: My setup works flawless and fits like a glove. Very very happy with it, teamed up with my manual fan switch I can just leave it running and slow trail riding it goes below 180 if I leave it on. It also cools much faster and I probably hold and extra 1.5 quarts.

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks. If I wanna put an oil temperature gauge do I have to buy the 3 port one or is there a different way to do it?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can do it that way if you want or you can just take out the plug that is between the cylinders and get it that way.

Reactions: rmeeks24

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok I'm not exactly sure what you mean so ill have to look at it when I get home

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a small allen head plug that is located on the engine case right between the cylinders on top. If you take it out you can either get oil temp or pressure there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh nice ok. Where a good place to buy an oil temp or pressure gauge.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got mine at Jegs.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I like the added capacity you get by adding a cooler, not to mention a bigger filter.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts