Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge Shout out to Justin and Mike at Pines!

Wife has been adamant that we needed a SxS instead of the 650 XMr as she always felt intimidated driving. So after a buy and sell we bit the bullet and got one to be done for awhile.

Took the time talking with Justin to put on some essential mods and we had it built up.
I'm Installing some Upgraded S3 Tierods and a Super ATV PowerSteering MOD.

Special Thanks to Mike for the Tweets from the Bench as it was being built as well, I really appreciate all you do for this sport, your dedication to helping people, and allowing us to see into the work bench as it comes together. You really do great work!

Hope you like the photos.

2013 Maverick 1000R
- Airdam Primary -- STM Secondary
- Sport Mode in Low MOD
- Muzzy Black Box
- 30" SilverBacks
- M12 Diesel Rims
- ProArmor Doors
- Snorkel Kit with 3" InLine blowers
- Rad Relocate

A Photo with my own personal touch :))

Pro Armour Doors :

Rad Relocate :

BRP Box with Rad Relocate :

30" SilverBacks on M12 Diesel Rims

3" Inline Blowers on Snorkels

Side Shot

Original Photo of the one I tweaked above

Pines PPSM Knuckle Shifter

Little Video Mike Threw together at the shop... Thx Mike!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
nice job.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You might want to rethink the grille material in front of your radiator. It stops at least 50% of the airflow. I had that exact material on a bumper grill and it caused me to continually overheat. 4 headgaskets later I figured it out.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I would think he would get more airflow with the radiator mounted up there than the stock setup but I would also run a water temp gauge too.....he has the fan override so that should also help....

·
Registered
711 Posts
thats a nice build!! how did you like it out on the first weekend? should have been an absolute monster. that setup, with those tires, it should sling the tires off the rims.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You might want to rethink the grille material in front of your radiator. It stops at least 50% of the airflow. I had that exact material on a bumper grill and it caused me to continually overheat. 4 headgaskets later I figured it out.

if mud, or grass, or something covered the mesh up, i could see how it would stop nearly 50% of your air flow..... but when its clean and up and out of the way??? i dont think you're gonna see a 50% reduction in air flow because of the mesh grill sitting in front of the ratiator. if you will notice the grill is nearly 3/4" out in front of the radiator. i dont see how its gonna stop any air flow, not even 1%

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would think he would get more airflow with the radiator mounted up there than the stock setup but I would also run a water temp gauge too.....he has the fan override so that should also help....
Doesnt matter. I had all that too. It blocks too much air. I did some tests to make sure and it has proven to me to be a problem.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well I can't argue with you if you have tested and proven it...good info to know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doesnt matter. I had all that too. It blocks too much air. I did some tests to make sure and it has proven to me to be a problem.
Ill keep an eye on it, first ride was a 7 hrs break in so took it easy ish. The Rad was the only thing that didn't get dirty lol the rest got dirty very easy lol was surprised how muddy it gets... It's like the renegade is to the Outty.

·
Registered
711 Posts
yes, the entire tire sits OUTSIDE the fender wells. they get quite muddy when you install wider aftermarket wheels and tires. they will get you quite muddy, be thankful you have the proarmor doors. they keep alot of it out of your lap. without them you end up with 15 pounds of mud in your lap after a big mud hole.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have that same rad relocate from pines and it works great, you will never overheat. I have 600miles all mud and it always stays cool even if it get a little muddy

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Do those inline fans work with the stock ducts or are they just for the modded ones? I'd like to see how those work with one of those belt temp monitors.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Do those inline fans work with the stock ducts or are they just for the modded ones? I'd like to see how those work with one of those belt temp monitors.
you can install it on the intake ducting but it does require some modification….

1 - 17 of 17 Posts