Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought my mav in jan and im very pleased with this machine! ive only got to ride it one weekend but ive been working on it steady getting it ready for spring. my list of mods i want to do is pretty long and being a welder has came in pretty useful!

here is a pic from my first ride,

so far i have installed the sport low mod which was worth every penny!
built my own winch bumper utilizing the factory lower bumper

installed a warn vantage 4000
wired in vision X light cannons
made my own roof
and made a storage box for the rear

i have many more parts ordered and will update as i get them installed.

i let my dad drive it on my trip and i think it was a mistake as he didn't want to give it back!

thanks for all the info on here guys its been very helpful so far

·
Registered
175 Posts
Very nice man

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
that bed thing is pretty darn cool nic job

·
Registered
367 Posts
Aluminum bed box looks great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to build the box for the girlfriend. She wanted a commander for the extra storage and so the dog had a place to sit. So this was mounts compromise

·
Registered
53 Posts
At First glance I thought your bumper was well made. At second glance I thought your storage box was the tits. Is it a quick release style to have access to battery or secured well to handle the whoops.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The box is bolted down tight using the factory mounts so there is no movement at all. I don't see myself building these to sell anytime soon. Maybe if I get my shop set up.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yeah Im also liking your rear Alum storage box. Nice job.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Everything looks sharp nice job

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cant wait until my blingstar doors show up, i love the look of them over others on the market, my harnesses should be showing up as well, also ordered a 40" bar, now it just needs to warm up! sick of this -35 crap. i want to ride

·
Registered
400 Posts
YEs X3,4,5, Aluminum bed box looks great.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Did you make your front bumper out of Alum? If so how did you attach to the stock bumper?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the stock bumper was aluminum so i just trimmed it down to what i wanted and started adding for the winch. i used 4"x3/8 flat bar to mount to and the gussets underneath, then the two aluminum tubes where bent the same at 45 degree. in the photos of the bumper anything that is black is stock parts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
welcome to the forum and nice job on the custom work!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well its been awhile waiting for parts, weather and time off to all come together but i finally had time to check a few things off the list.

i made a roof and used rivnuts to bolt it to the frame, wired in my 40" totron bar, and i got a kolpin full windshield for a great price so i cut it down and saved to top half for colder winter rides

Got my Beard harnesses with the automotive style buckle, wired in a battery disconnect behind the passenger seat, (you can see the red switch) installed a hurst shifter that fits the hand sooo good.

made my own cat/resonater delete, seems to run the same and sounds good too.

also got my blingstar doors (which was a PITA to receive)

·
Registered
25 Posts
were did you get your doors from? i called up rapid revolutions in Edmonton they seemed to have a decent price

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looking good man!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts