Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's really not that hard to make a set and I had less than 40 bucks in mine. Get some cardboard and draw out a shape you like, test fitting it in place as you go. Transfer it to the plastic and cut it out. Rivit or bolt in place. You can cut the plastic with tin snips if that's all you have, sand or file the edges smooth and heat with a small propane torch on the edges to remove burrs and sanding marks. This also leaves a nice smooth rounded edge. Tied my 30 buck nerf bars into mine this weekend. Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
where did u get the plastic for 30 dollars

·
Registered
67 Posts
ok sorry I seen that before it was just the shipping was as much as the stuff cost and that's why I was hoping someone else had a place to get it

·
Registered
42 Posts
I never checked the shipping, didn't realize it was that much. I picked mine up at a local dirt track racing shop for about the same price as day motor sports without the shipping cost.

·
Registered
244 Posts
where is you get the $30 nerf bars?

·
Registered
42 Posts
.120 wall 1-1/2" hrew tube costs around 2 dollars a foot and I used a little less than 8 foot. The standoffs are some 3/4" round rod a couple inches long each that I drilled and tapped. Throw in a couple bolts each side and a spray can of bedliner and that's about 30 bucks. Working in the garage is a hobby so I don't include labor when I'm working on things for myself.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.