Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You will be able to run alot with these stators. In my Commander I had all 4 headlights switched to 35w hids, ran 5 4" hids on my light bar, 2 6' Sick-Stick lighted whips, Sick-Scanner hood light & stereo with no problems.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
That is a good size stator. I like lots of lights for night riding in the dunes.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Can you put an ebay link up for the kit you bought for the stock lights? Definately going to be the first thing I do to mine when I get it.
Couldn't figure out how to do a link on my phone. On ebay, search 55w 9005 hid kit. Scroll down to the $37-$45 price range. 9005 is the bulb type, and I would recommend getting 6000k (kelvin) (tempature). Some sellers have a checklist of what bulb type and tempature during checkout, but the one I used did not. So I clicked on seller, send seller a message, and told them that I just placed an order and asked for bulb type 9005 in 6000k. Here's a screen shot of the one I bought from.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A pic of the lights I added, 2 hid's plus 1 led. The stock have been converted to hid, so that gives me 6 hid's and 1 led! Should light up the night. Also, I tried covering one of the yellow panels in vinyl, but it didn't turn out good. So I Plastidip'd it.
Glamisfan,
I just popped my front plastics off the bumper too and was looking at how to install a 10" Rigid light I have to the tabs. It looks like it will work, but I was looking at the radiator. Do you have any concerns that your radiator might not get enough airflow with those lights there? Have you ridden it like that yet?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I think that since the grill is louvered and angled away from the center, that it'll do okay. I will be running it tomorrow in Glamis, so I'll keep a watch on the temp. You know that the bumper is aluminum, right? I tried and tried to think of the best way to mount the lights. I was going to order some clamps, but could only find 1 3/4" and 2", and the bumper is 1 1/2". So I wound up bolting a piece of 1 1/4" angle iron to those two channels that are welded on top of the bumper. Painted black and with the lights installed, you don't even notice the angle.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Kartek and a few other off road shops carry nice ballast holders that you weld to the frame or lightbar. They are about $35 for a dual ballast holder.

I will have to find a picture of them on my old light bar, they really clean up the looks of those ugly ballasts.
that's not a crack on the frame in the first pic left side by the square tube is welded?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
that's not a crack on the frame in the first pic left side by the square tube is welded?
Good catch & worth checking for sure but I'll bet it's just dirt stuck in the edge of the bead.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Guys tribal whips has had a sale running on their lightbars. I already ordered one. Go check them out.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I'm ordering some HID's does anyone have an article on installing them?
Here's a few pictures. You have to stick two wires into a plug that comes with the kit, and pay attention to making the hot and ground match up with the factory plug. And I had to use a Cresent on the bulbs to get them to lock in. Used hose clamps to mount the ballasts to the frame.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts