Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
61 - 80 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know I can get the QE diff and install it. I am still not 100% sold on this limited slip being what I want/need. In the dunes I'm sure it would be ok but in the wheeling I would be doing around my home which is 95% of my time would be I feel the limited slip won't work for be up to par. I have wheeled all these trails in my Jeep and a limited slip won't cut the mustard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chaparral has two ready to go

I went over to Chaparral in San Bernardino today to check out the Maverick. They have two ready to go! My nephewes work there and told me that they think there are more ready to put together. I was very impressed as to the quality of construction compared to all the others. I'm waiting for the 4 seater though.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I know you will most likely be putting new harness' in your ride correct? If so, and they are anything like the commanders you will probably need to override the stock seat belt receiver so it will get out of limp mode. Let us what wire needs to be jumped.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I have pictures of what I did on my good camera. Hopefully I'll get them up on Saturday or Sunday. There is a wire that goes to the drivers seat belt. I unplugged it from the main harness and used a paper clip to jump it to test it. That solved it and gave me full throttle. I then cut off the plug from the main harness, put the two wires together, and used one side of a butt connector to crimp them together. There's not enough room to use the butt connector the way it's intended without removing the center console. The wires are just too short. I did have to remove both side panels and the panels under the seats to get to the seat belt bolts.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have pictures of what I did on my good camera. Hopefully I'll get them up on Saturday or Sunday. There is a wire that goes to the drivers seat belt. I unplugged it from the main harness and used a paper clip to jump it to test it. That solved it and gave me full throttle. I then cut off the plug from the main harness, put the two wires together, and used one side of a butt connector to crimp them together. There's not enough room to use the butt connector the way it's intended without removing the center console. The wires are just too short. I did have to remove both side panels and the panels under the seats to get to the seat belt bolts.
So there is only one wire which goes to the drivers side? Passenger's side not affected?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Correct. The sales guy did say that the seat belt and the net both have to be connected. But I doubt that the net has it also. Still need to drive it to verify.
Hey Schannon thinks your going out to super with them for new years. I told him I thought you were going to Glamis.
He now knows I'm waiting for a Maverick. Looks like I will be going to Super from Wed orThurs til Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I'm going to Glamis for a day trip on Friday and Saturday before New Year's. Then I'll be at the Dip at Schannon's camp on probably Sunday, maybe Monday. So your going to leave on Tuesday the 1st, right?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm going to Glamis for a day trip on Friday and Saturday before New Year's. Then I'll be at the Dip at Schannon's camp on probably Sunday, maybe Monday. So your going to leave on Tuesday the 1st, right?
Yeah I am planning on going out Weds or Thursday for sure and hopefully staying until Tuesday AM.
We usually camp fairly close to where wheeler makes a hard right turn, 7 mi marker, another100 yards up the road then left up towards the hill.
Got the call today. Mine should be ready for pick up tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
61 - 80 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.