This is my Maverick thread. I'm bringing it home December 16th, 2012.
This is supposed to be a larger diff and redesigned for that 101hp. And I do have a set of OMF billet beadlocks go on it. But I'll be saving the original beadlocks to go back on it when I sell it in a few. Sorry.Nice machine man. I'm curious about how well the rear diff holds up. I went thru 3 on my Commander before I threw in the towel. All of this SxS competition is great for us as the consumer. There are things on each one I'd love to have.
Speaking of that, if you ever decide to get rid of those beadlocks hit me up.
Custom. I built it a couple weeks ago. My wife has a rzr 4, and I have this. I have a 28' pull behind toy hauler, so this is the only way to get both of them to the desert in one trip. Even though it's only a 15 minute drive to where we usually camp. I spent $300 on metal. I'm going to do a write up on it in a couple weeks from now.Is your truck rack custom? I might want to look into getting one.
Sorry, no riding yet. Our main sewer drain plugged up last night. So ISo did you go on a short ride after work?
Uh oh! I just wasn't turning it fast enough and enough times yesterday. By hand, it takes about 4 1/2 turns till it starts to have a limited slip type resistance.That sounds good, explains the reduction in engine heat in the cab. Two more commander issues addressed, engine noise and heat!!
What you need to do to test the front diff is:
- make sure it is in neutral, park brake off and 2x4 so the front drive shaft can spin freely, you may have to have the key on to get it in 2x4 but should not need to have it running
- block rear tires and jack one front tire off the ground, leave the other one down
-spin the tire in the air quickly by hand and count revolutions till it starts to bind up to the point where you can no longer turn it quickly