Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was a great day,we went out trail riding with a group we met through some friends.They came out rolling 2 xp1000 and 1 xp900,the 2 seater xp1000 just came out very cocky ask if I wanna race or if I ever got be by one and I said I never raced mine it just got it.So we lined up in gravel road and waited to be flagged and when took off I had him from the start by full fender all the way to the finish line.The never spoke to me the rest of the day,weird that the rest of the group also decided to run on their own with him.Oh we'll.All I did to maverick is dalton clutch and a new belt.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That rocks !!!

Great job !!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
LIKE!! lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
I love to see the cocky/arrogant get schooled! I guess he kept his mouth shut the rest of the day because his foot tasted pretty bad the first time! At least he was a quick learner!

·
Registered
367 Posts
nelson,
pm sent

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
very cool....not sure why some people gotta be like that.....if it was me, sure I would have been bummed but would have also given the guy props for beating me.....

·
Registered
529 Posts
whats even worse is when you SHOULD win a race and you'll still lose.
he has more hp and a lot less weight, that should make for a faster ride.
all out performance is not everyone's buying point, I selected the Maverick because I believe it is a lot better built machine than the XP's - I believe it's much heavier duty then the light weight XP's also, and if it happens to be faster, its an all around win.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
badass keep up the good work , :)

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
In the dirt they are going to be even closer in a race. Not shocked you beat an XP.

Too bad he was a sore loser.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
whats even worse is when you SHOULD win a race and you'll still lose.
he has more hp and a lot less weight, that should make for a faster ride.
all out performance is not everyone's buying point, I selected the Maverick because I believe it is a lot better built machine than the XP's - I believe it's much heavier duty then the light weight XP's also, and if it happens to be faster, its an all around win.
maverick is 101hp at 1297 weight

xp1 is 107hp at 1380 weight

hp to weight ration is like .73 to .77

·
Registered
529 Posts
Check those weights again, I read the maverick was a couple hundred lbs heavier

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Check those weights again, I read the maverick was a couple hundred lbs heavier
those are both the listed dry weights......

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'll have to look where I saw that, I think it was where someone did an actual comparison. As I recall, the maverick was over 200 heavier

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
The Maverick weighs 1297 dry, per BRP website.

XP1000 comes in dry at 1379.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
So it is all about traction and who gets the holeshot

1 - 20 of 32 Posts