Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess number one it was a great time. Seen a good bit of mavericks out there havering a blast. I put mine in some pretty good holes ,rut climbs ,and bit of water and came out mostly pleased. My air dam clutch setup did nice and my lift and snorkel helped out. Although I did bend one tie rod. So pulled it off straightened it back out and keep ridin to finish out Saturday night. My 3m wrap is pretty much ruined from a few sticks and there super high pressure washer that was set up that I was trying to be easy with but all in all turned out to be a good ride and maverick performed well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good time and the machine held up well... I'm sure the tie rod was prolly self inflicted right?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Yea came down a nice embankment and didn't see the dip at the end and hit it pretty good

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good to hear it was a good time. I would like to check it out sometime. Good thing about the 3M wrap is you can replace it pretty easy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the review. Glad you had a good time out there.

So, would you not go the 3m route again? I've been thinking about either painting mine or maybe trying the 3m wrap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll be in the market for a Maverick very soon. Us Texas guys ride A BUNCH of mud holes/trails like at Mud Nats. Can you give your opinion of whats to look forward to on mainatining these beasts in the mud environment? Mostly we ride at River Run, some at Mud Creek and some at Gator Run. As you know the terrain out there isn't for the novice. Currently I have a 800 RzR, looking to upgrade. Can you state what you have seen that'll help me out, pros and cons, for my purchase?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well this is my first SxS and I come from a brute750. And this was also my first ride over in TX. So even with lift arched arms and 34s there were a few holes I didn't touch bottom and was high centered but backed out with no problem. Also I never drove this bike with out full clutch setup ,low sport switch so all the problems a lot the guys here have with clutch I've never experienced. The tires threw a lot of mud on you even ridin down main wet roads at mud nats fender flares would be a big plus but not complaining cuz that's what I bought the bike to do. I bent a tie rod and after pulling it off and checking it out I'm surprised I didn't bend it earlier in the trip very thin and light weight so running a big tire it's a def must to replace them. Never ran hot on me even with a lil mud in radiator. Cleaning bike is not to bad besides haveing to pull a few covers to clean around engine. Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know the commander has a BUNCH of rack n pinion issues to be worked out. I'm hoping that my 29.5 terms I have right now that won't be an issue. For the most part, it's going to stay stock unless there's things I HAVE TO upgrade....as you stated, tire rod ends I'm sure snorkels are a must, so that'll happen too. Thanks for your input, I'll read more closely at info posted here and see what all ill have to do to make it mud worthy.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I know the commander has a BUNCH of rack n pinion issues to be worked out. I'm hoping that my 29.5 terms I have right now that won't be an issue. For the most part, it's going to stay stock unless there's things I HAVE TO upgrade....as you stated, tire rod ends I'm sure snorkels are a must, so that'll happen too. Thanks for your input, I'll read more closely at info posted here and see what all ill have to do to make it mud worthy.
Snorkels sport low switch tie rods and some outlaws or terms and your good to go add some doors and a roof i have both and didn't have any issues with to much mud hit n me im run n 29.5 laws

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I'll be in the market for a Maverick very soon. Us Texas guys ride A BUNCH of mud holes/trails like at Mud Nats. Can you give your opinion of whats to look forward to on mainatining these beasts in the mud environment? Mostly we ride at River Run, some at Mud Creek and some at Gator Run. As you know the terrain out there isn't for the novice. Currently I have a 800 RzR, looking to upgrade. Can you state what you have seen that'll help me out, pros and cons, for my purchase?
when racing short course i would WD40 all the suspension to keep the mud from building up. Makes it a little easier to clean when you are done riding.

·
Registered
217 Posts
when racing short course i would WD40 all the suspension to keep the mud from building up. Makes it a little easier to clean when you are done riding.
We always put pam cooking spray inside and,out of,fender wells of dirt track cars to help keep the mud from building up works great also

1 - 17 of 17 Posts