Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my brand new '13 XRS just a few weeks ago and took it very easy for the first 10 hours. I did the 10 hour service this weekend and then took it to the dunes with some friends. I was very excited to finally really open it up.

I was seriously disappointed! It felt gutless! My 112 hp '89 YJ with 33s and 3.57 gears could make it up hills that I couldn't in the Mav. I had a hard time keeping up with my friend in his Honda Rancher.

Why is mine so slow???

I've never had a single problem with the Mav and I did have it in sport mode with the black key. The green light comes on and it says that sport mode is on across the dash. I turned sport mode off/on, Low/high, but it always seemed to top out around 30 mph. I think once going down a big hill I got it up to 35 mph. It won't go above 6000 rpms and feels like the computer is holding it back.

I was thinking it might be because of the soft sand, but even on hard dirt or pavement it still feels slow.

Has anyone else had his problem? I don't really want to take it back to the dealer, and hope its something very simple.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
take it out of low gear...lol... check and try the other key, that is likely your issue. yes it can happen, had my own commander limited have the exact thing happen, damn dealer programmed them backwards

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I feel really dumb. I have been driving this whole time in valet mode.

I tried the gray key, and HOLY COW!!! It's a monster! The dealer just programmed they keys backwards.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn dude, that really sucks u spent the day in the dunes like that..
Yeah it does. My friends had a few good laughs watching me struggle getting up these dumb little hills.

Oh well. I'll be laughing next time when I smoke them all.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
OMG LOL day in the dunes with valet key that does sucks big time

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
See.....Duneraisin was right.....the grey key IS faster...lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I give the grey key to the son in law :) he states he can't seem to get it going as fast as I can :) someday I may let him in in the secret!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I had mine programmed as a spare performance key...no mixing it up that way.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I give the grey key to the son in law :) he states he can't seem to get it going as fast as I can :) someday I may let him in in the secret!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Naw...let him think you are a Maverick GOD. lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
94 Posts
haha i shouldn't poke fun, but its funny just imagining you running around with the slow key in the dunes of all places getting shown up by a honda rancher. Sorry u had to deal with that. lol i will probably make the same mistake one day.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I didn't use the wrong key but did spend the entire day once with the sport mode turned off....I am thinking about getting rid of the switch and wiring it to sport mode permanent.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you want to get the last laugh start making some bets next time you take it out with those guys. you will be laughing all the way to the bank!!

Reactions: Zakka
1 - 20 of 34 Posts