Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to stretch my Maverick. I was going to do 7" just to the rear like others to make the gap from the Tire to Body same as the front. This is what it would look like.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394950650.590036.jpg
After looking at others and desert cars everyone dislikes the ride of the Maverick and your seat should be almost dead middle rather than more over the rearend. So I came up with an idea to stretch under the main body 8" leaving seats factory location but moving engine back the 8". Then still move the rear the additional 7". Moving the rear plastics from the front rear roll bar to the rear roll bar.
This is what it would look like. Use your imagination as the black doors was a last minute addition with my Paint app on IPad.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394950868.960308.jpg
Now for wheelbases lets compare:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394951553.970757.jpg
Polaris Jagged-X 107.4"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394951735.488487.jpg
Polaris XP1 90"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394951752.088291.jpg
Polaris XP1 4 seater 117"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394951588.262880.jpg
Maverick XRS 84.3"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394951605.099972.jpg
Maverick XRS 4 seater 113.8"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394950861.465709.jpg
My Stretched Maverick 99.3"

What is everyone's thoughts?
I am seeing a bunch of totaled machines due to short wheelbase accidents...

·
Registered
227 Posts
great idea build it!!! I just drove a buddys max and loved the longer wheelbase but felt it was a little to long...99.3 would be perfect

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Darn near 100 inch wheelbase is a lot. The Jeeps use to consider the perfect wheelbase to be 100 inches with a 37" tire due to break over angles. It's all on what kind of riding you do though. I'm shooting for a 8" stretch that will put me around 92" on a 30" tire.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darn near 100 inch wheelbase is a lot. The Jeeps use to consider the perfect wheelbase to be 100 inches with a 37" tire due to break over angles. It's all on what kind of riding you do though. I'm shooting for a 8" stretch that will put me around 92" on a 30" tire.
99.9% of my riding will be at the Sand Dunes. One of Murray's and Marc Burnett's desert machines looks to be closer to the 92" than 99". The other Murray Racing's machine looks to maybe be more than 99". 15" might be too much. 8" is the distance between the two rear stock cage mounts which would be perfect for moving the rear plastics back. I like the idea of larger doors. I will photoshop a couple more photos today and post them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394979729.519985.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394979397.927211.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394979738.596146.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are two approx. 8" stretches. One with moving the plastic and rear axle back. One with just axle only.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394985783.623750.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394985794.762279.jpg

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
#1 looks awesome. Just add a down tube from the cage to the bed and it would look really good. 99" wheelbase might be a little too much and cause the maverick to have a turning radius of a 1 ton truck. The Wildcat has 95" wheelbase.

90" to 95" seems to be about the right wheelbase for a SXS. Just enough to fly through the whoops, but short enough to allow it to turn.

My favorite is the max converted to a 2 seat desert racer.

What would it look like if you just stretched the center 8", without moving the rear axles back?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
#1 looks awesome. Just add a down tube from the cage to the bed and it would look really good. 99" wheelbase might be a little too much and cause the maverick to have a turning radius of a 1 ton truck. The Wildcat has 95" wheelbase.

90" to 95" seems to be about the right wheelbase for a SXS. Just enough to fly through the whoops, but short enough to allow it to turn.

My favorite is the max converted to a 2 seat desert racer.

What would it look like if you just stretched the center 8", without moving the rear axles back?
That would be this photo 92.3"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394988351.030124.jpg

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
That looks real good.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks real good.
Yeah it is a matter of do you want to move the weight of the engine and rear axle or just the rear axle.
I am liking the idea of moving the engine back no matter what. If you did the 8" under the floor boards and moved the engine and not the rear axle you would only have to lengthen the front driveline 8".

·
Premium Member
8,475 Posts
A middle stretch with a seat lower and a fuel tank behind the seats would be awesome!!

You suck!!! I recently talked myself out of cutting my mav in half during the off season this summer. Now my wheels are spinning again, i hate you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A middle stretch with a seat lower and a fuel tank behind the seats would be awesome!!

You suck!!! I recently talked myself out of cutting my mav in half during the off season this summer. Now my wheels are spinning again, i hate you.
Yeah I planned on moving the Gas tank at the same time. That Jaz 12 gal will be perfect.
I am sorry in advance for entertaining your great idea to cut your Maverick in half :-D.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Yeah it is a matter of do you want to move the weight of the engine and rear axle or just the rear axle.
I am liking the idea of moving the engine back no matter what. If you did the 8" under the floor boards and moved the engine and not the rear axle you would only have to lengthen the front driveline 8".
It would seem from a fab standpoint to be a much easier project. Stretching the Maverick 8" should make the ride much better.

Good luck on your project and make sure to post lots of pictures.

Mega will really appreciate all the picture while he stares at his Maverick in the 110 degree heat in his garage this summer hitting the trigger on his sawzall. lol!!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Damn, this will be awesome to watch the progression to the final result.

·
Registered
125 Posts
pump.JPG
Yeah I planned on moving the Gas tank at the same time. That Jaz 12 gal will be perfect.
I am sorry in advance for entertaining your great idea to cut your Maverick in half :-D.
if you do a fuel cell let me know i have billet oem fuel pump adaptors. lets you put a factory canam pump into a fuel cell.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
99.9% of my riding will be at the Sand Dunes. One of Murray's and Marc Burnett's desert machines looks to be closer to the 92" than 99". The other Murray Racing's machine looks to maybe be more than 99". 15" might be too much. 8" is the distance between the two rear stock cage mounts which would be perfect for moving the rear plastics back. I like the idea of larger doors. I will photoshop a couple more photos today and post them.

View attachment 9189

im sure u know the 1917 murrey car is a 4 seater

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That Murray car is my favorite

1 - 20 of 29 Posts