Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bent the frame on my maverick and the insurance company decided to fix it and not total it. So I'm putting a new frame under it and adding a few things along the way. I bought wheels and tires off an xrs last night on here from sjstar. And today I order a front gusset kit, all 4 heavy duty race radius rods, and a rear hitch plate from Alex. He will also be doing my 2.0 shocks with his dual rate setup once he gets the inventory in. I will also be ordering an e z steer power steering kit, and hardline utv cat delete pipes as soon as they are available. I also plan on building a rear bumper/roll bars with a spare tire holder. I built a front bumper last year and it turned out well. The rest of my existing accessories include brp sport roof, brp half windshield, pro armor doors, ssv speaker bar, totron 40" Cree light bar, sport low switch, hmf mufflers, and my front bumper. The next big purchase will be an STM clutch setup but isn't in the budget yet. Let me know what you guys think image.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
god luck! You should be pretty intimate with the whole thing by the time you are done reassembling it.

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They didn't total it because the total damage was only 6,000. The estimate included new frame, new right rear control arms, new wheel, new roof, new doors, new windshield, and a few plastic pieces. I was taking a hard left hand turn and as i came around I didn't notice a log that was sticking out on the right side. It hit the right rear wheel and flipped the machine over. It barely bent the frame just enough to cause the right rear wheel to have some positive camber image.jpg d

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
image.jpg
It's hard to tell but there is a small kink/twist in the tube. That's just above the rear diff on the right side. Other than that the only visible things on the frame are some paint spots that chipped off on some of the welds where the rear tubes attach from bending slightly

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
god luck! You should be pretty intimate with the whole thing by the time you are done reassembling it.
Yeah for sure. I'm hoping to have it all done within a month. I'm working 60 hours a week right now so I only get to work on it a little each weekend.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so they didn't include the cost of labor in the repair estimate????

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Little more progress on the disassembly
image.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
how heavy was the motor and CVT assy?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was pretty heavy but I was able to lift it myself. I put a strap around the rear motor mount and around the front cylinder and stood on the frame and straddled the engine. I lifted it up and my girlfriend helped guide it out. Once we got it over to the edge of the frame we both grabbed ahold of it and lifted it out.

·
Registered
548 Posts
That's mighty ambitious of you! That's way too many parts for my little brain to remember how they all went together!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It was pretty heavy but I was able to lift it myself. I put a strap around the rear motor mount and around the front cylinder and stood on the frame and straddled the engine. I lifted it up and my girlfriend helped guide it out. Once we got it over to the edge of the frame we both grabbed ahold of it and lifted it out.
Thanks...if you haven to have a chance to throw it on a scale, i would be curious to see what it weighs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks...if you haven to have a chance to throw it on a scale, i would be curious to see what it weighs.
Okay I'll see what I can come up with

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thanks...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thanks man...was that with the CVT and gearbox still attached like in your picture or just the engine?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks man...was that with the CVT and gearbox still attached like in your picture or just the engine?

That was everything attached like in the picture. No problem

1 - 20 of 49 Posts