Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't really a "build" its more of my journey to upgrade/modify my Maverick. Im picking up different parts from just about every vendor on here so I'll have a little variety on my machine. I've had my Maverick for a little over 3 weeks and I've already amassed thousands of dollars in aftermarket stuff :money: I tend to do that when I get new toys. Stock is never good enough IMO. I've had it out once so far and I was grinning from ear to ear. I don't have 2nd thoughts at all about the $20K I spent on it. But..... there are some things on it that can be added or changed to make it better. The day I picked it up
They sure are pretty when they're new. Trying to squeeze her in my toy hauler.
I had to flatten the tires to deal with the height but she fit like a condom. Since this I've been removing the bumper and have had no issues fitting her in there with room to spare. Took it out to pop her cherry and had a great time

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now it was time to start gathering and adding parts. First up was safety because my to boys are going to riding with me a lot. I went with the Dragonfire Racing harness bar and dual 4 point harnesses. I cant say enough about Dragonfire Racing. Their products are second to none.
Next up was the sport low mod that I kept reading about. I got it on Ebay from Arcticbomb because that seemed to be the one most recommended. I went with the switchless one and it works flawlessly. No pics of that install but while I had everything out doing the harnesses I went ahead and put it in. Next up was a quick release steering wheel from Dragonfire. I have a little concern about theft when we're out and this fit the bill for that. I do chain it up but I figured a little extra security wouldn't hurt.
Next up was a roof and half windshield from EMP. The windshield worked out great but the roof not so much. Apparently I got one that was out whack and didn't fit right and it left this huge gap in the front
. I returned it for a refund and EMP's customer service was great. I'm going with a UTV inc roof now but I just got word that they're getting powder coated so hopefully it will ship soon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice. Now you just need to get a small flat bed trailer so you don't have to take the hauler out every time for just a day ride.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A bunch of parts have come in the last few days. My manual fan mod from Arcticbomb
Dragonfire front and rear bumpers. I have the stock front bumper off so Im going to install the new front today.
Cree 40" lightbar I got off of Ebay. Im just waiting on my Tusk mounts to show up and then I'll get this together and bolted on.
EMP A-arm gaurds. I'm going to try to make time for these to get put on hopefully this weekend sometime.
Blingstar doors. Apparently from what I've been reading I'll need to devote a whole day to installing these. So hopefully in the next week or two I'll get them on.
I have more parts on the way like the gusset kit and tie rods from CT and an oil filter adapter from MrRpm. I'll update the thread as parts come in and parts go on.....

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. Now you just need to get a small flat bed trailer so you don't have to take the hauler out every time for just a day ride.
Its already on the to buy list. My house has a nice concrete pad connected to our driveway that was added by the previous owner. Right now my boat is occupying it but that goes up for sale once I know winter is officially over and can take it out of hibernation. After that its straight to a trailer dealer to get a new 6x12 utility so I don't have to screw with the hauler. I would have already bought one if I had a place to keep it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Looks like you are gettin er done with the mods

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Great looking rig there! Nice choice of add-ons too!

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the front bumpers swapped. Old
New
I was hoping this one wouldn't stick out as far as the old one so I wouldn't have to remove it when I hauled but it looks like it does. I should have measured the old one before I took it off.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Lol....that front bumper's still a great looking upgrade. I may have to do that one myself!

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No plans to as of now. If I have to remove the bumper every time I want to haul then a winch is gonna make that a big pain in the ass

·
Registered
412 Posts
Man, dont put those aluminum skids on. they are junk and more expensive than the GOOD STUFF.

Check out the UHMW skids on Factory UTV's sight . they are Awsome and you can get a one pc full belly skid
from 3/8 or 1/2"

Its like a super slick surf board when high centered on anything, INSTEAD of gripping like the alumnium does .

·
Registered
367 Posts
FYI
viper makes a quick release setup for a winch.
I had one on the ranger I just sold and it worked great

·
Registered
367 Posts
Man, dont put those aluminum skids on. they are junk and more expensive than the GOOD STUFF.

Check out the UHMW skids on Factory UTV's sight . they are Awsome and you can get a one pc full belly skid
from 3/8 or 1/2"

Its like a super slick surf board when high centered on anything, INSTEAD of gripping like the alumnium does .

^x2 on the futv cv guards

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

from 3/8 or 1/2"

^x2 on the futv cv guards
I guess Im missing something. My Mav already has a full skid plate under it. Now it may not be the exact same thing as the Factory UTV one but never the less its a full skid. The CV & A-arm guards from Factory are $240 and I paid $189 for mine from EMP. How exactly is the junk more expensive then the "good stuff"???

Reactions: younker

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I guess Im missing something. My Mav already has a full skid plate under it. Now it may not be the exact same thing as the Factory UTV one but never the less its a full skid. The CV & A-arm guards from Factory are $240 and I paid $189 for mine from EMP. How exactly is the junk more expensive then the "good stuff"???
The factory skid plate is not going to stop anything from coming thru and hitting your drive train components if you hit a big rock or tree stump etc.....they will even rip off in the sand if you bottom it out at speed.....they offer very little protection from anything other than small rocks and such. The ones made from UHMW are darn near bullet proof and can take some serious abuse and not sustain much damage if any.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The factory skid plate is not going to stop anything from coming thru and hitting your drive train components if you hit a big rock or tree stump etc.....they will even rip off in the sand if you bottom it out at speed.....they offer very little protection from anything other than small rocks and such. The ones made from UHMW are darn near bullet proof and can take some serious abuse and not sustain much damage if any.
I believe every bit of that. My point is supposedly I paid more for junk and could have gotten a better product cheaper and according to my math that isn't right. And I never mentioned being interested in getting an aftermarket skid plate so Im not sure how that was thrown into the mix. Either way eventually Im sure I'll be in the market to purchase a skid plate and when I do I'll most likely be looking at the Factory UTV ones. So I guess in the long run thanks Oldguy for making the suggestion LOL

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
sorry, The OEM skid is cheap plastic (junk)....the BRP accessory A-Arm guards are aluminum and are OK but will bend it hit hard....the UHMW skids will not not and will probably only end up with a light scratch......some people still want the metal skids and guards for some reason but that is old school....and the newer high density plastics (UHMW) are the way to go....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts