Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It a rzr s box that I'm gonna adapt to the Mav with front steering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
are they rebuildable?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
They don't have to be, they don't wear out

I will check with you in a year or so to see :wink: I was just curious because your pic made it look like you can open it up and it also has a grease zerk fitting...good idea.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked to gear one about a warranty and they said that they didn't really know because they've only ever had 1 box returned and they gave the guy a new one. So I'm hoping that this is the case. I wanted to wait for Alex's steering box but the car isn't safe to drive at the speeds I drive at right now

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I talked to gear one about a warranty and they said that they didn't really know because they've only ever had 1 box returned and they gave the guy a new one. So I'm hoping that this is the case. I wanted to wait for Alex's steering box but the car isn't safe to drive at the speeds I drive at right now

well that would be awesome if they are built that good to never fail....I assume they require an occasional greasing though to prevent wear from metal-on-metal contact....

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I look at it like maintaining all the zerks on the a arms

·
Registered
207 Posts
It a rzr s box that I'm gonna adapt to the Mav with front steering?

I'm sure I've read about front steer before but can you refresh my memory? Pretty sweet BTW, now stop tickle'n my ass with a feather and let's see a pic of the whole thing! What kinda knuckle is on them too?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yeah I look at it like maintaining all the zerks on the a arms

where does the old grease go? I assume it gets pressed out into the rubber boots?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's where the tie rods are in front of the spindle instead of the rear. Ill use the stock spindles but I'll have to swap them side to side to put the tie rid connection in front of the tire.
I'll post up pictures as I go or all of them at the end

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Off subject. but saw your machine down at the dealer over the weekend - looks sweet. Guys down there said you built the cage.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
It's where the tie rods are in front of the spindle instead of the rear. Ill use the stock spindles but I'll have to swap them side to side to put the tie rid connection in front of the tire.
I'll post up pictures as I go or all of them at the end

I'm wondering what the advantages of going to front steer are?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wanted to wait for Alex's steering box but the car isn't safe to drive at the speeds I drive at right now

Ummmm...Doesnt the clutch have to work to drive at them speeds? Just F'n with yah! That setup is gonna be sweet!
Yeah the car does have to have a working clutch in it but that's in the works.. And I appreciate the ribbing!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Off subject. but saw your machine down at the dealer over the weekend - looks sweet. Guys down there said you built the cage.
Thanks for the compliments, I didn't build it. That's a utvinc cage but I built the roof and the tie rods. Next on the list is the steering rack, radiator relocate. Then I'm researching turbo's...... I gotta boost!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts