Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered tie rods, front chassis brace, a arm brace from TK on 11/13. I was assured my parts were in stock and would ship out that day. About week later most of my order arrived with exception of a arm brace but in its place received rear chassis brace. immediately called and explained the mix up and was told my parts would ship out immediately and I would be sent a shipping label to return part I received by mistake. I explained it was important my parts be shipped asap as I had ride planned for turkey day weekend and would like to have these parts on since I knew it would be a ruff weekend for the mav, he agreed. next day I noticed no new emails with tracking info for my parts or a shipping label for theirs, called back and went thru same type of convo and hung up phone with assumption that my part was on the way. Still never received shipping label and assumed TK would be shipping it with my part. Well my big ride came and went so upon my return tues called again and was told they were waiting for their part that THEY shipped to me by mistake to arrive before they would send mine, told him I found this a bit ridiculous especially since they had never sent me a shipping label and I sure as hell wasn't paying shipping back for a part I never ordered. He says he sent it yada yada but I assure you he never did. At this point I asked to speak with adam who wasn't there but told cook to plz have him call me, he never did. I emailed, and pmed adam and never got a reply. I finally did receive a shipping label for part I was to return so I immediately sent their rear chassis brace back, that was a week ago so today I call once again and cook says "Ohh ya" I see it here, ill get that shipped out today. I've heard that before! WTF. ya know I'd like to believe it is shipping today but who knows really. I'm not the guy to put companies on blast because I understand things happen sometimes but I was mislead and that's not fair to the customer,and it is obvious that TK has issues in their shipping dept. The bottom line is all I really expected, (besides my parts I paid good money for), was an apology for the mix up. Thru all of this not once did I get that and that is what probably bugs me the most. I feel like my money has been taken and I have been forgotten about. I gave adam plenty time to respond to my messages and he chose not to. Unfortunate

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear abou that.
Im still waiting for my intake order to be processed from 2 WEEKS ago. let alone 2b shipped

·
Registered
725 Posts
Shit like this spreads like wildfire and kills company's not sure what they are thinking but someone needs to be reprimanded or replaced. Sorry about the shitty luck hopefully they make it right

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I can get frustrated too, I ordered the rear bumper in black on Black Friday and thought it would be in stock. Guess they had so many orders that day they spent the whole day answering the phone. No email notification yet and no charges to my credit card. I'm desperate to get them by Christmas since I have time off planned for then.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I ordered front bumper and intake on the cyber Monday sale. Just finally got charged for something on Tuesday. Have not got any emails or phone calls. Spending the kind of money we all did their needs to be better communications with the customers.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
These long delays in receiving parts from Turnkey is nothing new guys. There is a lot of posts on here complaining about Turnkey shipping parts. Lack of response has also been issue before. I experienced it first hand just inquiring about a custom gauge panel. Cook said he would call back never did.

One thing I have learned about this company just from this forum is don't expect your average shipping time. If you get something in a week, consider yourself fortunate.

I also order a couple of items from Cyber Monday and it wouldn't surprise me if I don't get it till January.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adam (owner) just contacted me and shared his aggravation over this situation , he was sincerely apologetic and assured me this is first he has heard of it and I take his word for it. He is personally making sure my parts are overnighted and has made it right with me the best that he can at this point. The quality of the parts I received are top notch just as I had expected. Hopefully they get their customer service sorted out soon as they have some of the nicest looking parts out there IMHO.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Adam (owner) just contacted me and shared his aggravation over this situation , he was sincerely apologetic and assured me this is first he has heard of it and I take his word for it. He is personally making sure my parts are overnighted and has made it right with me the best that he can at this point. The quality of the parts I received are top notch just as I had expected. Hopefully they get their customer service sorted out soon as they have some of the nicest looking parts out there IMHO.
First heard of what?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Me too same thing ordered them no return calls nothing called two weeks ago they said it shipped a week goes by nothing call again they said its shipping.
They may make good parts but there customer service is bull shit and unacceptable. If they said up front it will be 5 weeks then I would be fine but the lack of response and then bull shit doesn't sit well with me.
They lost a customer here there not the only game in town. There's others here that make same or similar parts that will get my business from now on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ihave parts ordered on Cyber Monday FEDEP shows they will be here Saturday..... So they are getting items out, just remember they are a small business, not a corporate conglomerate. They do make quality items and did give a 25% discount so be patient it will all work out....:smile:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Ihave parts ordered on Cyber Monday FEDEP shows they will be here Saturday..... So they are getting items out, just remember they are a small business, not a corporate conglomerate. They do make quality items and did give a 25% discount so be patient it will all work out....:smile:
So you received tracking number from Turnkey?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So you received tracking number from Turnkey?
If you received a sales receipt via email, it typically has the tracking number on it. They usually do not send the sales receipt or charge your card until they are ready to ship it out. At least this has been my experience with them and i have placed several orders with them.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
If you received a sales receipt via email, it typically has the tracking number on it. They usually do not send the sales receipt or charge your card until they are ready to ship it out. At least this has been my experience with them and i have placed several orders with them.
Not my experience with them. I placed my order over the phone on Cyber Monday (12-2). My credit card was charged on 12-9 for part of my order. I never received a receipt or tracking number.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
This story is repeated so many times. Adam always acts shocked that something could have went wrong.

They make great parts their service sucks. This sounds like I'm being a jerk, but how many chances can you let a guy (Cook) negatively impact your business.

No vender is perfect and I think most of us on this forum are reasonable people, but then you look at a guy like Alex Reed who is basically a one man show and up to this point I am not sure if there is one negative post on the forum about his service.

I quit buying from turnkey back in commander days, but could not resist the cyber Monday intake deal..... Well as usual they perform as expected....

I'm sorry, not trying to bash but it just gets old that for literally years the same thing happens. Turnkey makes great parts, some of the best quality out there, but they need a major lesson in service.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts