Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called my dealer today for a belt and we got talking about the XP1000. They had just put the STM set up on the XP1000 and were very impressed. I need a new belt and was going to ride up there anyways. He told me to bring my Maverick(which) also has a STM set up and race them. He said he would put it on YouTube. Should I do it??.....He'll yah I should!!!!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Are you just doing a street race? If so, air up your tires to 20+ PSI, brake load the suspension (hold the brake and rev it up real quick to get the back end to squat and the front to rise up). Launch in 4WD and after about 50 ft switch it back to 2WD on the fly.....

·
Registered
410 Posts
No doubt DO IT!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No heavy it will be on grass. I was going to start in 4wd. My tires are at 10psi. Is that good? We will be racing about 300 yard strip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just remember, Spinning aint winning. With those STMs I wouldn't try to load it up a lot or you'll just blow the tires out from underneath it

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
No heavy it will be on grass. I was going to start in 4wd. My tires are at 10psi. Is that good? We will be racing about 300 yard strip.
4wd for sure maybe 8psi in the rear for more bite and less wheel spin

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Do some test runs in some grass somewhere and see how high you can run the tire pressure without breaking them loose in 4WD on launch. The higher the better for top end speed but it won't matter if you are spinning off the line. You will make up a good amount of speed if you shift back to 2WD once you get up to about 35MPH…...

·
Registered
170 Posts
You know the RZR Forum guys are trolling so just run it straight up. Let's see the real results! I think it should be damn close & even if they do win it's at a $4k price tag.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Do some test runs in some grass somewhere and see how high you can run the tire pressure without breaking them loose in 4WD on launch. The higher the better for top end speed but it won't matter if you are spinning off the line. You will make up a good amount of speed if you shift back to 2WD once you get up to about 35MPH…...
The ecu won't switch back to 2 wheel unless you let off the gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
hmmm…i hadn't noticed that before. i will try to pay attention next time and see...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Load the suspension or you will loose 1/2 or more car length while the mav goes thru the motion.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Load the suspension or you will loose 1/2 or more car length while the mav goes thru the motion.
I saw where you posted that in another thread and was trying to explain how to do it :crazy:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel pretty confident I won't get totally blown out. I've done a handful of drag races (appromimately 100 yards I'n loose dirt) against 450 quads and one YZ450F dirt bike. I've been ahead every one or neck and neck and began to pull after 50mph..I know its more driver on bikes and quads but I can tell a difference since the new clutch for sure.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Wow…that's pretty impressive…..good luck and let us know how it turns out….either way.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I feel pretty confident I won't get totally blown out. I've done a handful of drag races (appromimately 100 yards I'n loose dirt) against 450 quads and one YZ450F dirt bike. I've been ahead every one or neck and neck and began to pull after 50mph..I know its more driver on bikes and quads but I can tell a difference since the new clutch for sure.
as long as the xp1 don't rip any a-arms out, bend a shock , brake the chain , foul out any spark plugs , broken valve spring, should be a good race lol- cant wait to see the video ! - oh and it has cast aluminum pistons I hope we don't ? lol

1234869_696131520401372_1456355825_n.jpg 1240614_608378335881434_253901691_n.jpg 1380735781.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I'm a buzz kill. I worked a 10 hour night last night and showed up at my dealers at 10 this morning and the guy had already come and gone. Sorry for the build up. A huge waste of gas for me pulling my enclosed trailer and Maverick!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sorry I'm a buzz kill. I worked a 10 hour night last night and showed up at my dealers at 10 this morning and the guy had already come and gone. Sorry for the build up. A huge waste of gas for me pulling my enclosed trailer and Maverick!!!

DUDE!!!! This should have been your post... "Well, I showed up with the Maverick this morning around 10. The RZR1K saw me pull in and he loaded up and went home"

THats how you make a great post and keep momentum going on a thread... LMAO!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahaha that was epic Big Truck!!!!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
u sure he wasn't warming up his tires broke his chain and then went home ? or maybe he fouled out his spark plugs lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Oh we'll , there will be plenty of opportunity for racing the XP1K

1 - 20 of 38 Posts