Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dealer just called me for the starter recall, my question is I just put a lift and bigger rims n tires on it. I bought the extra warranty too, are they gonna give me a hard time about the modifications I made to it? Will they still cover it in the extended warranty or should I take the lift n rims n tires off before taking it back up there thanks for the help guys:sorry:

·
Registered
806 Posts
They are gonna screw you any way possible. They will give you shit but they should only deny warranty on stuff that you modified. You should be good on the starter. lol

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol,No More And Then.........lololololllolol

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just "and thened" yesterday and bought a qsc. Dammit.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
axles and suspension might be hard to get covered , but everything else should be cool

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He didn't say anything bout the clutch, n I really didn't ask because I'm replacing the stock before our next ride anyway.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Clutches only good for 6 months anyhow. Even if u have extended warranty.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so he just called me back to let me know he ordered the parts. I asked him exactly what they would be doing he told me
Starter,Clutch, n one more thing but he didn't have the recall in front of him so he would let me know. Has anyone heard of anything else
Or is he mistaken??

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
clutch is considered a wear item there for not covered by anyone after 6 months unless brp says they will ! :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Ok, so he just called me back to let me know he ordered the parts. I asked him exactly what they would be doing he told me
Starter,Clutch, n one more thing but he didn't have the recall in front of him so he would let me know. Has anyone heard of anything else
Or is he mistaken??
Check/tighten the passenger grab bar.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank u heavy he said they will only have it a day lets see.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Ask them to show you Campaing # 2014-003. It outlines all 3 of the recall items to check. The clutch stud replacement, starter, and grab handle.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok,cool thank u

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
no problem...glad to help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts