Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice work. Now just to button it all back up.

Did you remove the glove box? I had it out to install my doors, two screws. Might make it easier to put the clips on the underside of the hood.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I thought usaguy said if you use this open intake it gives you more air than the tuner can adjust for? Are you also getting a custom Fuel map? Also is the shield just to deflect air up & around so it will help with getting clean air?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Its a splash shield.

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I thought usaguy said if you use this open intake it gives you more air than the tuner can adjust for? Are you also getting a custom Fuel map? Also is the shield just to deflect air up & around so it will help with getting clean air?
yes he said that it did not have enough fuel at WOT. But i had the parts and the bug to build something so i went ahead. I will put the stock airbox back in untill i get a programmer and hollow out the cat.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
You should run it at WOT and see if yours cuts out. Mine did but Jason and the Dealer wasn't sure that it was 100% due to the intake. Do you have a bleeder on your intake? I would test this setup cause there is lots still unknown about that the machine will do and not do.

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You should run it at WOT and see if yours cuts out. Mine did but Jason and the Dealer wasn't sure that it was 100% due to the intake. Do you have a bleeder on your intake? I would test this setup cause there is lots still unknown about that the machine will do and not do.
I would test it too. It's better to have 2 people verify that the fuel system won't keep up with a little old air filter than 1 person.
I plan on running it tonight.

Not sure what you mean by bleeder though.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Glad to hear you are going to test it.. we are playing with the intake on our Maverick..not seeing any issues so far at WOT. We have a race in Parker with our Commander this weekend, our BRP race engineer will be there- he is also bring our BRP Gizmo (as they call it) that has been coded for the Maverick.. biggest thing it will do is eliminate the the speed govenor (which is limited to 74 per BRP) we will do some high speed runs with the Maverick to test top speed and a few other parameters.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Glad to hear you are going to test it.. we are playing with the intake on our Maverick..not seeing any issues so far at WOT. We have a race in Parker with our Commander this weekend, our BRP race engineer will be there- he is also bring our BRP Gizmo (as they call it) that has been coded for the Maverick.. biggest thing it will do is eliminate the the speed govenor (which is limited to 74 per BRP) we will do some high speed runs with the Maverick to test top speed and a few other parameters.
Man I would love to see these results, and a way to get my hands on one of those gizmos!

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
Man I would love to see these results, and a way to get my hands on one of those gizmos!
Better change that stock cage cause at those speeds your life or passenger could be harmed. Amos will be running a very strong race legal cage that will survive a crazy wreck. Glad to see others are verifying the performance of modifying these machines. Btw someone should measure the manifold runners that go into the each cylinder head on the Mav. On the commander they were restrictive. I know after MLK weekend we will be checking the entire intake system so we can get the most out of the air intake and larger 60 TB. Amos have you removed the cat and replaced it with a new header yet?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree. It will most likely make a big difference in HP & acceleration with the intake opened up and Cat removed with a proper fuel map.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
I'm going to take the Mav back to DynoJet once I get the entire intake system designed the way I want it and the header finished so a map can be created for these bolt on mods.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Amos have you removed the cat and replaced it with a new header yet?
No not yet... We are working with Muzzy's on a system, right now..but we wont be able to really have any clear answers until the car come back from the chassis builder which is honestly a 3-4 weeks down the road. So we are trying things out with the Cat in place for now..Spoke to Dusty today, we will get the Maverick over to them when the build is complete for final tuning (without cats and race exhaust) and the UMP (air cleaner) Im thinking the PC5 will give us much better fuel mapping...and hoping to advance the timing some too, all via the PC5

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
Oh ok well let us know how the new header/exhaust works out when you get it on and tested

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
i completed it and buttoned up the fenders. Eff those clips i didnot put any back on. I will need to use one just in front of the tilt column though.

i did run it down the street a few times and at 65mph foot to the floor. I did not notice it running differently. Must be on the computer where you see the lean condition.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What is the small the breather filter for?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.