Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my custom intake build, its complete 1/8/13

well you guys just pushed me over the edge. I swore i was not going to modify my maverick. Now you have me making a stainless steel intake tube to adapt to an AFE 4" x 6" long dry filter.

now i just need to figure out how to dissasemble the hood on this Mav, too many clips and screws everywhere.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good luck I gave up, i just had to remove the skid plate to get at the hose clamp on the throttle body and shove my hand up there backwards. I then had to break a tab on the airbox just to get it out.

Good news i had zero dust in the TB.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got the splash shield done, i need to weld some dzus tabs to the frame and drill the holes in it and the shield will be done. Tomorrow will be the 4" to 3" to 2.75" tube for the intake.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
made little progress today. After taking off the hood i was spent and only mounted the splash shield. I will cut and face some 3" and 4" at work tomorrow and tack it up at home and hopefull have it all mocked up ready for finish welding on tuesday.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I thought usaguy said if you use this open intake it gives you more air than the tuner can adjust for? Are you also getting a custom Fuel map? Also is the shield just to deflect air up & around so it will help with getting clean air?
yes he said that it did not have enough fuel at WOT. But i had the parts and the bug to build something so i went ahead. I will put the stock airbox back in untill i get a programmer and hollow out the cat.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You should run it at WOT and see if yours cuts out. Mine did but Jason and the Dealer wasn't sure that it was 100% due to the intake. Do you have a bleeder on your intake? I would test this setup cause there is lots still unknown about that the machine will do and not do.
I would test it too. It's better to have 2 people verify that the fuel system won't keep up with a little old air filter than 1 person.
I plan on running it tonight.

Not sure what you mean by bleeder though.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
i completed it and buttoned up the fenders. Eff those clips i didnot put any back on. I will need to use one just in front of the tilt column though.

i did run it down the street a few times and at 65mph foot to the floor. I did not notice it running differently. Must be on the computer where you see the lean condition.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts