Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
good luck I gave up, i just had to remove the skid plate to get at the hose clamp on the throttle body and shove my hand up there backwards. I then had to break a tab on the airbox just to get it out.

Good news i had zero dust in the TB.

Might want to hold on too your stock air box. I just got back from testing my new intake on the Mav and the stock fuel system doesn't seem to be keeping up with the amount of air that the new intake is generating. When accelerating under full power the car cuts out. I took it down to my dealer where the guys are pretty good. We ran some test and looked at the computer and it looks like the fuel system isn't keeping up with the new fuel demands that the air intake is requiring. I knew BRP could'nt be trusted. Well fortunately I have an appointment with DynoJet on Monday where they are going to design a PC5 for the car. It should be done by Wednesday if there aren't any set backs according to the tech.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
You should run it at WOT and see if yours cuts out. Mine did but Jason and the Dealer wasn't sure that it was 100% due to the intake. Do you have a bleeder on your intake? I would test this setup cause there is lots still unknown about that the machine will do and not do.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
Man I would love to see these results, and a way to get my hands on one of those gizmos!
Better change that stock cage cause at those speeds your life or passenger could be harmed. Amos will be running a very strong race legal cage that will survive a crazy wreck. Glad to see others are verifying the performance of modifying these machines. Btw someone should measure the manifold runners that go into the each cylinder head on the Mav. On the commander they were restrictive. I know after MLK weekend we will be checking the entire intake system so we can get the most out of the air intake and larger 60 TB. Amos have you removed the cat and replaced it with a new header yet?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
I'm going to take the Mav back to DynoJet once I get the entire intake system designed the way I want it and the header finished so a map can be created for these bolt on mods.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
Oh ok well let us know how the new header/exhaust works out when you get it on and tested

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
Will be interest to see how much oil will come from the crankcase
I ran the same setup on my commander for over a year and never had oil coming from the crankcase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts