Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my custom intake build, its complete 1/8/13

well you guys just pushed me over the edge. I swore i was not going to modify my maverick. Now you have me making a stainless steel intake tube to adapt to an AFE 4" x 6" long dry filter.

now i just need to figure out how to dissasemble the hood on this Mav, too many clips and screws everywhere.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'd appreciate any tips or a writeup or some pictures of how to take the hood apart. I wanna take mine apart to Plastidip the yellow!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good luck I gave up, i just had to remove the skid plate to get at the hose clamp on the throttle body and shove my hand up there backwards. I then had to break a tab on the airbox just to get it out.

Good news i had zero dust in the TB.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
834 Posts
good luck I gave up, i just had to remove the skid plate to get at the hose clamp on the throttle body and shove my hand up there backwards. I then had to break a tab on the airbox just to get it out.

Good news i had zero dust in the TB.

Might want to hold on too your stock air box. I just got back from testing my new intake on the Mav and the stock fuel system doesn't seem to be keeping up with the amount of air that the new intake is generating. When accelerating under full power the car cuts out. I took it down to my dealer where the guys are pretty good. We ran some test and looked at the computer and it looks like the fuel system isn't keeping up with the new fuel demands that the air intake is requiring. I knew BRP could'nt be trusted. Well fortunately I have an appointment with DynoJet on Monday where they are going to design a PC5 for the car. It should be done by Wednesday if there aren't any set backs according to the tech.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got the splash shield done, i need to weld some dzus tabs to the frame and drill the holes in it and the shield will be done. Tomorrow will be the 4" to 3" to 2.75" tube for the intake.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
well you guys just pushed me over the edge. I swore i was not going to modify my maverick. Now you have me making a stainless steel intake tube to adapt to an AFE 4" x 6" long dry filter.

now i just need to figure out how to dissasemble the hood on this Mav, too many clips and screws everywhere.

LMFAO, I was telling my self how I would not Molest new toy and Now here you go. Holy Shit thats Funny.:crying:

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
made little progress today. After taking off the hood i was spent and only mounted the splash shield. I will cut and face some 3" and 4" at work tomorrow and tack it up at home and hopefull have it all mocked up ready for finish welding on tuesday.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but in that pic of the shield you put in, to the left side where there is that round tube looking thing coming out the firewall. That is where the intake tube mounts that feeds air to the airbox and feeds from inside the cab. Right? If so, boy does it look small.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I dont think people realize how small the stock intake really is.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts