Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
damn you are lazy, that rig is nasty dirty. You should have put on the yellow rain slicker on and at least drove through the quater car wash a few times before taking that picture. The cage looks great and it shines like a diamond in a goat's ass.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't picked it up yet. Has nothing to do with being lazy. It's at the Can Am dealership getting a few things checked out. They did make a special mount to keep the doors. Utv Inc is a couple weeks out on doors still try and you have to have doors to race. Just on there for the time being!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It got that dirty on the trailer btw. I live down 7 miles of dirt road and it had just rained. My 35's like to sling a little mud!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I haven't picked it up yet. Has nothing to do with being lazy. It's at the Can Am dealership getting a few things checked out. They did make a special mount to keep the doors. Utv Inc is a couple weeks out on doors still try and you have to have doors to race. Just on there for the time being!
I really want to use other doors with my UTV cage. The UTV doors weigh in about 60 pounds and the strike pin that the latch closes on is weak and tends to bounce when closing the doors which causes the hood plastic to come apart.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really want to use other doors with my UTV cage. The UTV doors weigh in about 60 pounds and the strike pin that the latch closes on is weak and tends to bounce when closing the doors which causes the hood plastic to come apart.
If you look in the pic, all he did was weld in a gusset on the b pillar and make a rod that extends out from that gusset to attach the doors to. It's actually more sturdy than what it was the way they had it on the stock cage. I like the pro armor doors but I think I'm gonna go with something taller. I can get some better pics for you tomorrow if your interested in seeing how they did it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Im thinking Pro Armor doors. I have the UTV doors, but like I said there heavy and the fit and finish just isnt there. Thanks for your insight...

·
Registered
806 Posts
What is Miller doing to it. You better double check the work, I'm serious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts