Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
mine starts right up to , 2 cranks and bam !

I just installed a second battery on my mav.I had two batteries on my commander also. Both my commander and my maverick spun over slow.Now with the second battery the motor spins over quicker.

I have been thinking about adding a 14.4 Volt Lithium Polymer battery as a jumper.. I was told by another user the 14.4 volts woudln't help, but I think that is inaccurate.. All electric motors RPM depends on voltage and the ability of the battery to provide the AMPs to run it. If the start motor is 150 RPM per volt by adding 2 volts is adding 300RPM providing you have the amps to back it. Model airplanes now have electric power systems that can provide stupid power.. I have a 12 oz battery that is capable of 14.4 volts at over 100 amps in burst and 30+ continuous.. They are cheap out of china and can run multiple electronics for long periods of time for a minimal weight penalty. Only down side is you cant charge them with a conventional alternator or 12 volt charger.....

Sounds like a timing issue or the valves needing adjusted...

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.