Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Looks like engagement is spot on as well. Adam told me he set you up with a heavier primary spring than what he put on mine. Mine is a 15, and your is a 16. Do you know what weights you have? Mine is engaging too low and wanting to roll at idle. Also WVRidgerider has a similar issue with it being difficult to shift from forward gears, to reverse and back. I think it is due to too low of an engagement rpm.

That kinda confirms what I thought about the low rpm engagement. I'm going to have Adam send me those weights, and primary spring and see if that solves my issues. I'm pretty sure it will.

I have called Airdam and left 4- messages on both of the phone numbers for someone to call me back...
Is this a bad week to call them again ????
Everyone loves Adam but I can't get squat....

Looks like engagement is spot on as well. Adam told me he set you up with a heavier primary spring than what he put on mine. Mine is a 15, and your is a 16. Do you know what weights you have? Mine is engaging too low and wanting to roll at idle. Also WVRidgerider has a similar issue with it being difficult to shift from forward gears, to reverse and back. I think it is due to too low of an engagement rpm.
Ya'll startin' to get it now.

The low tension spring in the primary, in an attempt to get rid of overerrev, makes engagement really low, making shifting hard, when it's too low. All this has been thu on ATV's years ago.

The whole problem with type of clutch, is that it is a linear weight primary, and the belt doesn't have linear surface area, making it overrev. It's amazing that people post videos of the overrevving Cv & don't even know that it's slipping. Hamburger tastes really good, until you have had steak.

Ya'll startin' to get it now.

The low tension spring in the primary, in an attempt to get rid of overerrev, makes engagement really low, making shifting hard, when it's too low. All this has been thu on ATV's years ago.

The whole problem with type of clutch, is that it is a linear weight primary, and the belt doesn't have linear surface area, making it overrev. It's amazing that people post videos of the overrevving Cv & don't even know that it's slipping. Hamburger tastes really good, until you have had steak.
Hey, I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I am sharper than the cutting edge of a bowling ball. A couple of months ago I didn't know jack about a CVT. Now I know jack, I just don't know shit yet. But I'm a learnin

Reactions: MaxAZ and Wyoming
I have called Airdam and left 4- messages on both of the phone numbers for someone to call me back...
Is this a bad week to call them again ????
Everyone loves Adam but I can't get squat....
He's at mud jam I seen posted on here so no answering phones this weekend

He's at mud jam I seen posted on here so no answering phones this weekend
Got ya... I tried today again and nothing !!! ...

I want to be able to pin the throttle and it rev's to 8-grand and holds it till my balls shrink...loL

Why don't you call Kris and get a QSC? I bet he will answer the phone
I called a number that I found on the net and there's no Kris that works at the place i called... Where can I find Kris ???

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.