Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
i think the season is about over next weekend is gonna be crazy out there, gonna be easter weekend utvunderground big ride , nice weather but rain maybe !, from there on out its gonna get hot

Discussion starter · #25 ·
If you want to see lots of people and vehicles, thanksgiving weekend is the biggest weekend. Halloween weekend used to be huge, like 150,000 but last year it was prolly 20,000. Damn economy! Presidents weekend there's a lot of peeps also. The dunes are so huge that you can go for fast ride even on a big weekend. But any weekend that forum peeps will be there would be good to see how much fun it is. I would recommend to anyone to come out on one of the large weekends, cause some of the buggies will blow your mind!

Glamisfan so you didn't notice any performance gain at all? Just peace of mind......Did you race against a stock Mav?

Thanks for the update.

If you want to see lots of people and vehicles, thanksgiving weekend is the biggest weekend. Halloween weekend used to be huge, like 150,000 but last year it was prolly 20,000. Damn economy! Presidents weekend there's a lot of peeps also. The dunes are so huge that you can go for fast ride even on a big weekend. But any weekend that forum peeps will be there would be good to see how much fun it is. I would recommend to anyone to come out on one of the large weekends, cause some of the buggies will blow your mind!

X2, if your coming out that far to experience the dunes then the big holiday weekends are your best bet.IMO. You will see so much more activity and get the FULL experience, duning, drags & big buggies playing at OLDs. It's not wild like the old days but a good show for sure!!!

I've noticed a big gain in Seat of the paints performance I'll race a stocker to try to confirm soon
Yeah, not seeing any gains in performance either, but like the Glamis said, I had no worries about the clutch. Maybe some clutch tuning will find some performance. I'm still very satisfied with the CVTech.

Do any of you feel that the full STM setup is worth the money or is the CVtech primary the way to go? Im looking to get rid of the engine brake as well which is a secondary issue.

Do any of you feel that the full STM setup is worth the money or is the CVtech primary the way to go? Im looking to get rid of the engine brake as well which is a secondary issue.

i am considering it, but i want to talk to a couple shops in town to see if they know how to tune them. Engine braking is not something i like either.

Adam with Airdam installed a CVTech clutch and STM secondary on my maverick this past week and tweaked the clutch to get the best power. I am 110% satisfied and I see awesome gains!! It really unleashed the beast!!!

Adam with Airdam installed a CVTech clutch and STM secondary on my maverick this past week and tweaked the clutch to get the best power. I am 110% satisfied and I see awesome gains!! It really unleashed the beast!!!
I want that STM secondary to go with my CV Tech. Good to hear its worth it !

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I have 270 miles on the AIRDAM primary. I inspected it today, and all the texture is gone, and the belt that was 1.300" wide new, now measures 1.250". I also noticed that too much sand is getting in there do to not running the cvt cover. You can see in the pic that shows the secondary that half the bed liner that was on the metal plate/shield is gone. So I put the cover back on. I am running a 4" blower.

Steve, whats your rpm range? still pulling 7900-8000?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.