Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone!

Attached are photos of my Machine. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask. Ive got roughly 900 miles on it with Zero issues. Nothing on the electrical system has power unless the key is on. The Fuse Block is mounted behind the glove box on a plate of plastic from Hardware Store.

Parts List:

EMP Roof
EMP Lightbar Mount
Can Am Dome Light
40" KC C Series Lightbar
KC Cube Flood Backup Lights
Garmin GPS 64 with Ram mount
SuperWinch 4500lb Cable Winch
Blue Sea Systems Split Fuse Block #5032
Quadboss 85L Expedition Series Cargo Box
Custom Cooler Racks - Cut Down Milk Crates
Adrenaline Cycles BRP Style Switches (They match Can-Am's amber color lighting - Amazon)
Rear Hitch Shackle and Anti-Rattle bracket - Amazon

Im sorry in advance if the photos dont work correctly. Still learning how to operate the forum. I have not participated in many forums before.

IMG_20180824_115101.jpg IMG_20180817_164447.jpg
IMG_20180817_164539.jpg IMG_20180824_115124.jpg
IMG_20180927_103850.jpg IMG_20180927_103917.jpg
IMG_20180928_164433.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello:
I have the same machine, I will be installing a winch in the next month. My question, did you need to purchase a seperate winch mount plate or did it bolt right up to the original plate.

Thanks
kenner

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Kenner - The winch does not need a plate. If I were you Id go with a superwinch 4500lb Steel cable model. I also did NOT use the can am wiring harness. It is not necessary if you have wiring knowledge or a buddy that has done a few winches before. Thanks for checking out the build!

Sometime in the next few months Ill be doing 30" tires and fender flares. Maybe some other small mods but I am VERY happy with the machine thus far.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello Again:

Did you need to remove the complete front bumper and plate assy. in order to install the winch? The Can Am installer website show a lot of things need to come apart in order to install winch.
I thought maybe there would be enough room to slide the winch in from the side with out removing half of the items Can Am says you need to remove.
I thought you may have a couple of tricks towards the install that would make it easier.

Thanks
kenner

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kenner - The winch should come with a relay and general wiring kit. I just wired it into the rocker switch shown in the photo. The only thing I removed to install the winch was the steel winch plate that it gets bolted to.

The fuse block is from Blue Sea Systems part #5032, purchased from Amazon. This fuse block has 2 separate positive circuits and 1 ground circuit.

I made the fuse block mounting plate from plastic sheet from a hardware store. It is mounted behind the glove box. Glove box is easily removed with only 2 bolts.

If anyone has specific wiring questions feel free and Ill do my best to explain.

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have to stay Hydrated! Dilly Dilly!

I just mounted up some 30" Terrabites and ITP SS316 wheels. The clutching still feels stock and it really makes the machine look more proportionate. Ill get some new photos up as the weather allows!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have to stay Hydrated! Dilly Dilly!

I just mounted up some 30" Terrabites and ITP SS316 wheels. The clutching still feels stock and it really makes the machine look more proportionate. Ill get some new photos up as the weather allows!

We pick up our Sport Max in a week or so. Been shopping wheels as I have decided to go with the Terabites as well. Very interested seeing your new set up, impressed with your set up so far.

Interested with your thoughts after a good ride with the 30" tires, and how they affect performance and is there enough clearance for them at full articulation, etc.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is more than enough clearance for sure. The Terrabites run a little bit small. Mine are around 28.75 on the machine at 15 psi. Ive driven it around a bit and the clutching still feels really good. I will report back after a full ride but I dont think that will be until it gets a bit warmer. Ill get some pictures up soon. Congrats on the new machine Gearmsn!

Honestly you could probably go with 32s on the the sport in a Terrabite and not have clearance issues. I dont know how the clutching would be on a heaver 4 seater but on mine the clutching still feels excellent. These machines are geared pretty well for bigger tires.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got some new bits installed 👍

30x10x14 Terrabites
14" 5+2 ITP SS316
VIP Air Fender Flares

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I don't ride hard enough for them honestly. Mostly mountain trails and what not. I might get some this year if the wife bugs me enough. No fluff here buddy only useful mods.

Gave up jumping dirt bikes and sport quads for a UTV. I know my limits. First big season ride in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 2019 Maverick Sport 1000R "Build"

Really like those tires!

For sure we need to burn these stock ones up and replace with new wheel/tire package from RockyMountainATV!!!

We need all the help we can get with ground clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 37 Posts