Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just emailed Muzzy about their slip on tips for the Maverick. I asked them if I had to run their tuner with the slip ons. Dave said yes I did. But that really doesnt make any sense to me. With slip ons being AFTER the stock O2 sensors, shouldnt I be able to run just the Slip ons with out the Fuel Tuner? I run a Looney tuned slip on tip on my XMR and it does just fine. What do you guys think? The exhaust to 650.00, the tuner in 275.00 .

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
exhaust is 650.00 , tuner is 275.00, my bad

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
Dont run their fuel prg run the pc5 much better. I dont think u need one unless u modified ur intake as well...more air in needs more fuel especially if combined with a good exhuast

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
are the stock mufflers that restricted , he thinks it needs more fuel

·
Registered
791 Posts
Are the Cats removed with the slip on kit? that could make enough difference to make a tuner mandatory..

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are the stock mufflers that restricted , he thinks it needs more fuel
Not really sure what his reasoning is. Gonna email him back and find out though. On a full aftermarket dual system i can see running a fuel programmer. But on a stock muffler swap it just doesn't make sense. Especially seeing how all other stock components will still be on the machine

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the Cats removed with the slip on kit? that could make enough difference to make a tuner mandatory..
Rtb, i dont think so . I was thinking the same thing just now. I'll find the pic from their website and post it

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was his email response.

Brian, Our slip-on's make about 5-6% HP increase over stock so they flow good and doing so you need more fuel to match. If you don't then you will have a lean condition that makes way to much heat. Plus you wont have the HP that you paid for in the slip-on system.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Im waiting for a slip on that deletes the cat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts