Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
thats good to know has anyone tried the two brothers pipe?
I have the TBR slip on's. I love the sound, but I don't expect there was any HP increase other than it sounds faster. I love the fact it’s only a little louder than stock but a lot deeper at least until you floor it then it barks out a deliciously mean sound. I tried TBR's quite core inserts and with them installed it makes less noise at idle and cruise than stock but is still deeper sounding. at full throttle it’s about as loud as stock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
mine sounds like garbage as well and i dont know why. i installed the same exhaust on my outty 1000 and it sounds nasty
The Muzzy on my Mav sounds like crap! I think some of the sound is bouncing off of the spare tire rack and coming in. It is LOUD. It's not deep at all and sounds like complete crap. Anyone else noticed this? I ordered some turndowns from UTV Inc. Hopefully they work.

The noise starts at about 1/3 throttle or its constant when cruising at 6000rpm. It is a nasty ratty noise and it actually made our ears hurt after a few minutes. Sounds nothing like my Renegade or old Wildcat with Muzzys. Quiet core and spark arrestor helps a little but its still torture driving with it. Dave at Muzzy says its the plastic from the packing not burnt off yet but I put 25 miles on it at 50-60 mph yesterday and if its not burnt off from that it needs to be lit on fire.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Those of you with problems do me a favor and try this. Hit the right muffler in various spots and see if you get a lot of vibration in the pipes. Im thinking there is still frame contact occuring. I also notice a rattle sound when it is first started up. We may have to shorten a pipe or 2 to get proper clearances.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Those of you with problems do me a favor and try this. Hit the right muffler in various spots and see if you get a lot of vibration in the pipes. Im thinking there is still frame contact occuring. I also notice a rattle sound when it is first started up. We may have to shorten a pipe or 2 to get proper clearances.

The pipes need to be slid inside of each other better some times u need a lil lube to get them to slide all the way inside of each other sounds like a sex thing but its true lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The pipes need to be slid inside of each other better some times u need a lil lube to get them to slide all the way inside of each other sounds like a sex thing but its true lol
I don't know if I would use lube on them! I think I would try it dry first. Lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I used some graphite on my Teryx muzzy. It did help. Precision manufacturing makes it a tight fit. And WE ALL like a tight fit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Gotta get off the couch and go outside.....so difficult. I still have to mow the lawn at some point today.

Mow lawn or fix Maverick............................fk the lawn. Lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Gotta get off the couch and go outside.....so difficult. I still have to mow the lawn at some point today.

Mow lawn or fix Maverick............................fk the lawn. Lol

ur leaky muzzy pipes r slowing down the mav with improper flow and turbulence , lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
ur leaky muzzy pipes r slowing down the mav with improper flow and turbulence , lol
Fixed! BUT......I have a case of lazy clutch. 7750 rpm engagement on 3 consecutive pulls today.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Fixed! BUT......I have a case of lazy clutch. 7750 rpm engagement on 3 consecutive pulls today.

engagement is when the machine takes off , u saying yours pulled to 7750 rpm's and never went past , what was your top speed ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
engagement is when the machine takes off , u saying yours pulled to 7750 rpm's and never went past , what was your top speed ?
I guess it engages lower then it pulls up to 7750 where it usually went to 8k. I didn't get going much past 45-50. Neighbors were having a party down the street lol. No flybys!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I just ordered the Muzzy full system and a full QSC/STM clutch set up. So we'll see how she does once it's all installed.
At least I'll have no more worries about my clutch exploding and now I'll have that muzzy sound I love so much.
If it adds any hp that will just be a plus. So let my off season mods begin!!!!

Reactions: Ignore Amos

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I just ordered the Muzzy full system and a full QSC/STM clutch set up. So we'll see how she does once it's all installed.
At least I'll have no more worries about my clutch exploding and now I'll have that muzzy sound I love so much.
If it adds any hp that will just be a plus. So let my off season mods begin!!!!
Just got mine!..... sure is purty:D

I have the Muzzy sounding sweet now. Just took some extra time to get it set up right. I had to order the whisper cores though. Wifey says its too loud.....:mad:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just got mine!..... sure is purty:D

I have the Muzzy sounding sweet now. Just took some extra time to get it set up right. I had to order the whisper cores though. Wifey says its too loud.....:mad:

Did you also order the digi-tune?
They told me 7-10 days for the black cans, but once I get it,then sent off for ceramic coating to help keep the heat down. does it come with those turn down tips?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Did you also order the digi-tune?
They told me 7-10 days for the black cans, but once I get it,then sent off for ceramic coating to help keep the heat down. does it come with those turn down tips?
Yep got the digitune and installed a wideband setup to monitor afr.

It comes with turndowns but the angle they are at it's not much of a turndown any more.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep got the digitune and installed a wideband setup to monitor afr.

It comes with turndowns but the angle they are at it's not much of a turndown any more.

yeah but at least with the turndowns it's not blowing upward.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts