Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the Muzzy's full system and the digitune a couple days ago. Only problem I had was getting eveything away from the frame. On my first test drive as soon as I got over 1/2 throttle it let out a horrible tinny crappy sound. Turns out one of the pipes had settled down onto the frame and was causing a high freq. vibration. I fixed that and removed the quiet cores and all is well. Sounds beastly!

There is a definite power increase for sure. The Mav squats a TON more than it did with the stock exhaust on it! I still have some tuning to do with the digitune because it's running a bit lean 13.6-13.9 according to the latest run I did.

Im hoping it will now beat my Wildcat X in a race. 28" tires and all the weight on it is slowing it down. After the QSC/STM is installed im told the Mav will kill the Cat by a good margin. Can't let the wifes kitty beat me now can I........:D

Edit: Noise problem not solved

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
did u race the kitty X stock vs stock and vid it yet ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, raced a demo X. Im picking mine up in a couple hours on my way out of town. Closest to stock I will get is Muzzy installed vs. The WC. To make it fair I will get a Vid of the WC with a Muzzy installed vs. the Mav with the Muzzy. The Wildcat is getting a Speedwerx clutch kit so it will be a good race vs the Mav with Clutches.

I will put up some pics of the Kitty when I get it in the other thread! (Off Topic Forum)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Muzzy on my Mav sounds like crap! I think some of the sound is bouncing off of the spare tire rack and coming in. It is LOUD. It's not deep at all and sounds like complete crap. Anyone else noticed this? I ordered some turndowns from UTV Inc. Hopefully they work.

The noise starts at about 1/3 throttle or its constant when cruising at 6000rpm. It is a nasty ratty noise and it actually made our ears hurt after a few minutes. Sounds nothing like my Renegade or old Wildcat with Muzzys. Quiet core and spark arrestor helps a little but its still torture driving with it. Dave at Muzzy says its the plastic from the packing not burnt off yet but I put 25 miles on it at 50-60 mph yesterday and if its not burnt off from that it needs to be lit on fire.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Mine sounds great, check out the vid section and you can hear how mine sounds when we were testing the latest changes to my shocks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine sounds great, check out the vid section and you can hear how mine sounds when we were testing the latest changes to my shocks.
Does it sound deep inside under throttle?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a rattle coming from somewhere. If I hit the cans it rattles in the pipes. Pipes vibrate a ton when I hit them. Seems like it should be a little more sturdy

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Someone said they seen there pipes were rattling on the frame and needed to be adjusted better and tighter !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone said they seen there pipes were rattling on the frame and needed to be adjusted better and tighter !
No frame contact. When I smack the mufflers the front head pipe shakes where it bends. I guess when I get back home I am going to pull it all apart and redo it. These springs suck

·
Registered
528 Posts
No frame contact. When I smack the mufflers the front head pipe shakes where it bends. I guess when I get back home I am going to pull it all apart and redo it. These springs suck

I have a set on the Mav race car which is not stock framed at all...but they should be throaty and deep...no rattling sounds what so ever...with the quiet cores, they are still kinda of loud but shouldn't be annoying by any stretch. I'd call Muzzy's ASAP!

[video]<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="425" height="240" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2447495071_zKjhfsp?width=425&height=240"></iframe>[/video]

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Does the digi-tune come preadjusted? Or do you have to have a computer to tune it properly?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for the report, this not the stuff a person needs to here if they are going to spend over 1000.00 dollars for a part. I am waiting to see what power is gained by just taking off the cats and if a tuner is needed. For some of us who would like to keep the noise down this may be the way to go with the stock cans. If we can make 4 or 5 HP over a wide range this will be very close to a Muzzy's based on there on dyno chart.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I wish someone would just make a damn cat delete pipe already.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Someone will, there is a big market out there for it. I am going to have my local muffler shop do it and keep with the stock length on the pipe as close as possible. I have just installed my AF gauge to keep track of the AF ratio. It would be very funny if this made as much power as a aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Just unbolt the pipe and gut the cat out. Pipes will be the same length, size, etc. Shouldnt take more then about 10 mins to do. No buying of anything needed....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Just unbolt the pipe and gut the cat out. Pipes will be the same length, size, etc. Shouldnt take more then about 10 mins to do. No buying of anything needed....
will having that big empty chamber cat can cause any problems ?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
will having that big empty chamber cat can cause any problems ?
No, It wont cause any problems, will just be a big empty cavity with no restrictions. This system that Mavericks use, does not have a monitored catalytic converter. In other words, there is no post cat o2 sensor, there will be no faults, and no problems....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts