Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the first opportunity I got to start the install. I don't want to turn anyone off from doing this but it is not fun. Takes a while to get the stock system off.

I am sure it will not get finished today, hopefully Monday or Tuesday most likely Tuesday it will be installed.

Just hard to do it and run this place at same time.

I sure hope it adds some HP for the effort required.

Todd

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
pics or write up or any install tips, hunterworks style ,

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree. I actually had to cut my front header pipe just in front of the bolt-on flange below the drivers seat. Simply could not get an allen wrench on 1 of those hex head bolts to turn it. However, the good news is, the Muzzy goes on WAY easier and I believe you wont be putting the stocker back on after your dyno test. JMO.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. I actually had to cut my front header pipe just in front of the bolt-on flange below the drivers seat. Simply could not get an allen wrench on 1 of those hex head bolts to turn it. However, the good news is, the Muzzy goes on WAY easier and I believe you wont be putting the stocker back on after your dyno test. JMO.
I had no trouble with what you said. I have a wobble socket though

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Really? I had no issues what so ever taking both header pipes off when I heat wrapped them. Did you drop the skid plate and access the front cylinder header from underneath? I did and it was a piece of cake....

Wait, I read this again, you had issues with disconnecting the header from the flange near the back? I just used an allen head socket with an extension and the air ratchet with no clearance issues....did you try to remove it with the CVT cover on by chance? Taking it off gives you tons of access.

·
Registered
400 Posts
bet it will be worthwhile and sound great

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Really? I had no issues what so ever taking both header pipes off when I heat wrapped them. Did you drop the skid plate and access the front cylinder header from underneath? I did and it was a piece of cake....

Wait, I read this again, you had issues with disconnecting the header from the flange near the back? I just used an allen head socket with an extension and the air ratchet with no clearance issues....did you try to remove it with the CVT cover on by chance? Taking it off gives you tons of access.
I had plenty of access but the short end of my regular allen would not fit because the pipe has a slight bend right at the flange. SoI ent and bought a socket and then could not get it on either. So I got pissed and broke out the sawsall. Problem solved. Skid plate was removed and had plenty room ot owrk around the CVT cover.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
wow…I will consider myself lucky then……I sweat more wrapping the exhaust then I did taking it off.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I had a hard time with that one too but after removing the clutch cover there was plenty of room.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts