Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't get what I was hoping for and I played with air/fuel numbers, looks like we gained about 1 3/4 HP at peak. Does seem to run up quicker on dyno, sound is awesome. Next to race it against our XP for a real world test. Power does not always show up on the dyno.

The base run was made the other day which differs from the runs we made a month ago. I wanted to have the latest runs and be most accurate.

These runs are with a Dalton clutch kit both runs but dyno tires so calibration would be off for these tires but same set up on both base run and muzzy run. Base run is with no programmer and muzzy is with a Gen 4 from Dobeck. When I get the time I will make one with no controller and monitor air/fuel see what it needs. On the Gen 4 I just tell it what to run and it does it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
But this is just confirmation of another dyno we saw with similar results. Muzzy claims 10 HP...and they are full of it. The sound makes you feel it's faster, and in the art of sales perception is everything. Raises question of the Yoshi pipe showing a dyno of 7-8 HP....how could that be possible. I can't see their pipe being that much better.....

·
Registered
713 Posts
I didn't get what I was hoping for and I played with air/fuel numbers, looks like we gained about 1 3/4 HP at peak. Does seem to run up quicker on dyno, sound is awesome. Next to race it against our XP for a real world test. Power does not always show up on the dyno.

The base run was made the other day which differs from the runs we made a month ago. I wanted to have the latest runs and be most accurate.

These runs are with a Dalton clutch kit both runs but dyno tires so calibration would be off for these tires but same set up on both base run and muzzy run. Base run is with no programmer and muzzy is with a Gen 4 from Dobeck. When I get the time I will make one with no controller and monitor air/fuel see what it needs. On the Gen 4 I just tell it what to run and it does it.

Todd, I was told by Muzzy that the best results are if you are using the Muzzy Digi-tune Pro which comes with a set map that should work for most Mavericks. I was going to purchase the other setup which is much more expensive but the guy told me they have had the best results with the DT Pro and down sold me. Do you have one you can slap on and test? If not I would be more then willing to over night mine to you so you can test it.

Let me know

Dennis

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Todd, I was told by Muzzy that the best results are if you are using the Muzzy Digi-tune Pro which comes with a set map that should work for most Mavericks. I was going to purchase the other setup which is much more expensive but the guy told me they have had the best results with the DT Pro and down sold me. Do you have one you can slap on and test? If not I would be more then willing to over night mine to you so you can test it.

Let me know

Dennis
Wow, damn cool of ya.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think the muzzy digi tuner is nothing more than a relabeled dobeck, could be wrong though .. I'd like to see a dyno with aftermarket clutches and the muzzy .. The clutch kit may help the stock clutch but its been proven aftermarket clutches make a huge difference on the dyno

·
Registered
713 Posts
That's possible but the way they made it sound was like it was pre-tuned for the mav with the muzzys. I have not installed or tested it yet. I am waiting for this local shop to get there dyno fixed. If Todd can test it then I wont need to dyno mine.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But this is just confirmation of another dyno we saw with similar results. Muzzy claims 10 HP...and they are full of it. The sound makes you feel it's faster, and in the art of sales perception is everything. Raises question of the Yoshi pipe showing a dyno of 7-8 HP....how could that be possible. I can't see their pipe being that much better.....
That can be true, at the crank or at least its possible

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Let me know

Dennis
No need, I promise you can't make it better than the Gen 4, you tell it what air/fuel to run and it does it automatically. I changed the numbers around too just to see what it did. The difference in the digitune pro and this one is, you have to manually do the pro and this one does it for you, way better and way more accurate

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the muzzy digi tuner is nothing more than a relabeled dobeck, could be wrong though .. I'd like to see a dyno with aftermarket clutches and the muzzy .. The clutch kit may help the stock clutch but its been proven aftermarket clutches make a huge difference on the dyno
That's true, it is a Dobeck Gen 3.5 with Muzzy's name on it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've talked to many people about the yoshi exhaust and its the only exhaust I feel that is advertised correctly, even one of the main race team guys from brp said they back the results from yoshi that it is the best exhaust option for the maverick

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hey, I take my lumps when they are due. But no reason to hijack Todd's thread with old drama either. So yea, cool of you to offer.
It's all good. I hate to say it but I think Todd's thread done died with those results. What a f-n bummer. I have a full Muzzy setup for sale, digitune, whisper cores. PM me if your interested:)

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think you guys might be putting the cart ahead of the horse, this is just a dyno run, lets see what it does on the road first. The dyno does not always show best results.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think you guys might be putting the cart ahead of the horse, this is just a dyno run, lets see what it does on the road first. The dyno does not always show best results.
I'm with you Todd, I am just messing around about selling my exhaust. I have the TB and Air box as well. If I can pick up 3 or 4 HP from that 1500.00 investment then I guess I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Well I have said it over and over for years now and I think that Muzzy and all of the Muffler sales companies are just selling noise now days. The Days of bolt on Exhaust or a slip on can that would Increase the power are Long gone. Most of the Bolt on crap they Sell Loses HP. LMFAO that's even Funnier. Now on the Can AM a dual to single might change up some Torque and Hp a little bit. I know that the 2 into 1 sounds Bad Ass though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts