Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read alot about duning on here, but as someone stated several times, the whole world isnt covered in sand. So, I guess what I'm asking is, are you a duner or a mudder or maybe in between ? I personally hail from South Louisiana but currently live in Oklahoma City. I bought a 2012 XMR this past summer and I love love love that machine. I spent a solid day in the lake in 4 ft of water with not an issue one (i extended my snorkels and sealed everything the day after I got it). And if I figure out how, Ill post the videos on here.
We have dunes in OK but I'm more of a mud/trail rider who definitely doesnt pass up a sand pit when I come across one. Another thing I was thinking too was that, I think the reliability of our machines and mechanical issues can be better related to one another if we understand the atmosphere in which each other rides. Mudding of coarse has alot of sudden absorbed torque throughout the system when the larger lugged tires bite. Sand however (in my experience at least) seems to load the engine harder for longer periods of time depending of coarse on your tires you currently run. I myself bought an XRS last week, picked it up and put it in the garage without driving it at all, and had to leave for work for 2 weeks. Needless to say these 2 weeks are dragging by ! Ive been passing the time by ordering 30" moto monster tires, 14" Motosport M20's, audioformz top, and anything else I can get my mits on! The ole lady was raising hell cause shes having to haul all this stuff in the house haha !!
I've been reading post after post on here trying to figure out the best way to build my machine, and any advice is well welcomed. Like I said, wheels and tires and audio top are at home waiting. But for my style of riding, I think I will upgrade the diff to a QE, install powersteering, Light bars or lights, winch, and A 2nd battery.:big smile: :money:

PS: If anyone is interested, I contacted Looney Tuned Exhaust, they are trying to get a machine begin working on an exhaust system, nothing as of now

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Desert & Duner. I have a boat for playing in the water.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
invest in a good pressure washer :cool2:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I to am from Oklahoma, got in a mud hole first day I got to ride. Never again bro! I will drive through briars before I hit the mud again. You working on a rig? I ask because of your schedule.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
invest in a good pressure washer :cool2:
That might help a little but once your IN the mud, it will never really come completely clean.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Duner/trail & crawler - we do it all, just try to miss the deep mud holes. It's just no fun to clean. I used to Mud drag back in the day, it was fun but now I'm over it. I think there will be more of you mudsters on here as more units get shipped down south, back east and up north. Its mostly duners because we got the machines out west first.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It's just to much to clean and it seems to throw the mud right down the back of your neck and lap. Had clumps of mud the size of softballs all up in my business lol. Now climbing steep hills and in the sand thing is amazing. Haven't had this much fun in a long time!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont plan on entering it in a beauty contest

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im heard a few guys talking about the cargo liner, and a net on the rear, they said it cut the mud coming into the cab wayyy down

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Highlifter already has a nice lift for it, I too work a two week schedule, and really want to be riding. I've already got the 30in silverbacks, and it will cut donuts in hi gear. Bad ass sxs! Got a ride planed next weekend in east tx, I have the qe waitin on me at the house. It should be a good ride! Snorkeling should be easy just a trip to home depot and a few hrs and u will be set. Not sure how long the belt will hold up with 30's on but I plan on finding out. I have a few vids of the Mav already on here

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually seen your vids on you tube before I found the forum. Nice vids by the way, I was cussing cause your donut video was too short haha. Where yall going? Jacksonville ?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Dust don't matter when you're in the front, which is where I always am. :big smile:

Duner, desert, trial rider, rock crawler here.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
HArd pack, and dunes (on my quads), and now prolly do some rock crawling too. Thing about the Southern Calif deserts...not many mud holes, except right after a good desert rain.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I ride the creeks and trails some crawling also...but we have had a lot of rain so all the trails been muddy last couple weekends so ive seen a lot of mud in the new maverick...but ive also dropped it in some pretty deep holes and no problem coming out of...I also spent over an hour at the car wash last night trying to get it cleaned up...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ride the creeks and trails some crawling also...but we have had a lot of rain so all the trails been muddy last couple weekends so ive seen a lot of mud in the new maverick...but ive also dropped it in some pretty deep holes and no problem coming out of...I also spent over an hour at the car wash last night trying to get it cleaned up...
Do you still have factory tires ? And did the Viso loc become an issue at any point in the mud ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts