Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get the thoughts on a primary replacement vs a clutch kit?

I got a pretty good idea of the benefits of replacing the primary.

I don't get on it and not looking to do wheelies, just looking to get better belt grab when I need it.

Took it out this past weekend and smoked the belt a few times.

I will buy the QSC but wondering if I really need it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would do the QSC primary and STM secondary combo. There's alot of debates on this but IMO I think it's the best way to go.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just wondering if I will really see the extra 500 or so dollars of benefits over a QSC vs a kit.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I was in the same boat. I went ahead and got the ///Airdam from Adam hoping to fix the belt slipping. Plan on installing this weekend.

·
Registered
468 Posts
james with those 34's, save yourself the head ache and forget the clutch kit. A clutch kit on one of these is in the same category as the slippery washer fix, its really just a band-aid. Like most of us you have already spent a ton of money on your machine and its definitely looking good. But as hard as it is the justify more money to spend, this is probably the one thing you want to upgrade correctly and efficiently.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
james with those 34's, save yourself the head ache and forget the clutch kit. A clutch kit on one of these is in the same category as the slippery washer fix, its really just a band-aid. Like most of us you have already spent a ton of money on your machine and its definitely looking good. But as hard as it is the justify more money to spend, this is probably the one thing you want to upgrade correctly and efficiently.
Damn I need you to talk my wife into it for me, haha :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Listen to bogger. You are running 34's!!! If they were 28 bighorns I would try a clutch kit but you really need a clutch. I had a kit in my commander and smoked belts with 29.5's until I got a clutch. I've got 32's on the mav with an aftermarket clutch and haven't smoked the belt the first time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QSC it is thanks guys! Now to sell some crap and see if I can sneak this purchase in under the radar, lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Called Kris and left a msg for him. Since I smoked the belt, guess I am going to buy a new one while I am at it. Just to confirm 715900212 is the one I need? Thanks guys.
Also any tips/ideas on the settings I should set it at or ask Kris to set it at?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just talked to Kris, thanks Kris! I am thinking I should be ok with just the primary? Does it come with a stronger secondary spring or anything I need to do to the secondary to stop the belt slippage?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts