Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions say to use all the tech screws which are self starting machine type screws.
Well I didn't want to cover up a bunch of existing screws so on the front fenders I drilled holes in the flares where the 2 existing screws are just behind the front tires on the black part. I used white out when I could to mark the spot where I wanted to drill.

On the back right fender I used the screws along the existing fender and also the 2 bolts that hold down the electric module (or whatever it is). This way I don't have to remove the flares if I need to take the module off or other pieces, plus the bolts are better.

I put the fender in place for the back right fender and used some shopping bags like a pillow to hold it in place. I marked the first two holes starting at the back by the reflector. After I got those fit I marked and drilled the 3rd. One picture shows a white dot where I used the white out. After that one I made sure all 3 fit then removed 2 screws leaving the screw by the reflector in but loose so I could pull it around.
I then put white out on both the module screws coming out the bottom of the existing fender then put the other 2 screws back in and pushed up so it would mark the place to drill the module screw holes. If I would have thought about it, I could have removed the module screws with the fender flare bolted in and drilled the holes and replaced them afterwards.

I hope the pictures and the description comes out clear. I just think using the existing screws is a better idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I hope it works out for you like this, but if you roll or hang a fender on a tree, now instead of just ripping off a fender and and screwing it back on, you're probably going to rip lots of other plastic as well. I've lost a few fenders and flares, one as recently as two weeks ago, it only takes a few minutes to screw them back in. Maybe this won't be an issue for where or how you ride though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts