Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I searched here but couldn't find any real reviews of these!
I know there are not a lot of mud guys on here, but looking for feedback on the mudbuster fender flares. I'm in the middle of a mud build and I need protection. These look to be a decent option, even though they may not look the best. This would be all about function rather than looks. I'm just wondering how they are holding up for all that are using them? Do they have any flexibility in them or are they fairly rigid? I know for certain that I will get myself into a tight spot where they will rub against a tree, rock or embankment. I really don't want to put them on there, just to rip them off on the 1st thing I may gently rub up against.
Any feedback you can share here is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
My maverick was used for the design but I don't run them.

I do have a set on my teryx and they are very flexible And Keep the mud off me. I have smashed my flares against a tree and they flex all the way to the body and spring back with no crease or damage.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have smashed my flares against a tree and they flex all the way to the body and spring back with no crease or damage.
I must of got a defective pair then. I had both of my crack & they aren't even out past my tires..

·
Registered
150 Posts
If they don't stick out past your tires how do they do at keeping the stuff off?
I did it so it would catch most everything, but knew that it was past the tires more chances of breaking them, obviously i was wrong on that too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting mixed reviews here.........Is it possible they changed the material used for these for the Maverick? Anyone else care to share there experience with these on the Maverick?

·
Registered
446 Posts
They are even on mine and I have factory tires. I would think if it was a direct hit from the side it might crack but I have not had any troubles with mine.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Best option out there in my opinion. BRP fenders are a joke. I don't think they look bad either. You install the mudbusters for whatever amount of coverage you need. I did pull a few screws out of one fender on a tree but it's a 2 minute fix. They seem to be pretty tough so far.
image.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
I trimmed mine down and pulled them in a couple inches, work great. A Teryx side swiped my right rear flare trying to get out of a ditch, Pulled a couple screws but no damage. Now changing screws to large head rivets.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Try to get ahold of that person who goes by cocostyles or close to that. He first posted on here about his and was kind've ripped on for pricing, me included. I backtracked posts and seen his pictures again. I think his are the best ones out there now. I pm'ed him but never heard back. I was going to pony up the coin and get a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
We love ours! Really keeps the mud off ya! At one point saturday we had about 3 plus inches of red Ga. clay built up on the bottom side of the fenders extenders. They have held up very well. Only had one little problem and that was when I leaned it on the back fender while doing some rock crawling in Tx. I folded it up against the plastic and it only pulled out the 2 bottom screws. After I got out of that spot the fender extender went right back into place, installed 2 screws and good as new.
20140301_102157 2.jpg

·
Registered
109 Posts
I need to replace my set, 500KM. I have had to add additional screws, cause there are not enough to hold them on with what they give you.. I have used rivets as well, self tapping screws work best. Both my right front and left rear are broken and missing pieces from them, different incidents. They still work bu I will replace them. I recommend as they are the best option out there and they do keep the skeg off of you. It would be fantastic if BRP made optional body parts with integral mud gaurds, and also if there really was a santa clause!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you guys think brp ones will be ok for xxc? I been in xrs and i know they would not work for that but im considering xxc and deciding on accesories

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Do you guys think brp ones will be ok for xxc? I been in xrs and i know they would not work for that but im considering xxc and deciding on accesories
Explain why they don't work on the xrs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
BRP has large flares coming. I saw them in the '15 accessory catalogue at the dealer. $260. Wait it out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts