Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the maverick out last weekend, where im riding right now in Canada there is still lots of snow on the ground and never really noticed much. Once i got out onto a wet gravel road i realised quite a bit of mud spray coming from the back into the cockpit and covering the dash. Its a fine mist so its difficult to clean off and a pain really. The only thing is i like the open feal inside the cab, id rather not put a hard window in the back closing it off. I have a half windshield right now on the front. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way i do. I thought i saw some sort of mesh looking one that says Can-Am across the back, it looked like a fine mesh but still breathable. Wondering if that would cure the problem or not? seems like the best option! i eventually want to get the sport visor with the biminey top. Wondering if that might help too! thanks guys!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have the mesh can am net on mine and it seemed to really help. I would recommend it

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the mesh can am net on mine and it seemed to really help. I would recommend it
Same here. The mesh works quite well.

It does not obstruct the view much, pretty inexpensive and easy to install.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have the brp soft window and love it. Keeps the crap from enter the cab plus you can roll it up if you want.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like the mesh is the best of both worlds then. Breathable yet protection. That was one of the things I was concerned about was visibility. Have to go shopping now! Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone on the Maverick!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you have the bedliner? Just curious if you do and are still getting mud in the cab. Thanks!

Sounds like the mesh is the best of both worlds then. Breathable yet protection. That was one of the things I was concerned about was visibility. Have to go shopping now! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
................................. My rack is open with nothing on it yet.

!! Not even a beer chest?? Have things changed that much up north?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
!! Not even a beer chest?? Have things changed that much up north?
HAHA! they certainly have not, i was talking about BRP parts lol. The good thing with this time of year is you dont even need a cooler haha its still cold enough without it! Although the liner would be nice this summer to keep the mud off the beer chest that is for sure!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the can-am large cargo box and its not the comming up through the rack its coming off the rear tires, arching into the back of the cab, wildcat, and XP do the same thing, can-am rear "screen" secures very well and works awesome. If the trail is very wet not much mud is throw into the cad without the net, but if the trail is starting to dry out and its sticky clay then it does get thrown. the screen stops all of it comming in from the rear and seems to be fine on an open trailer at highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Get the rear screen from brp with can-am on it. That's gonna help a lot for ya...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ben I have both the rear net (not the mesh) and the clear soft window. I run the net in the hot months and the clear in the cold ones. I also have the bed liner . It works damn good keeping stuff off ur back. I imagine the mesh would help with finer particles as opposed to the net though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts