Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pressure washed the mav 3 times. pulled the interior plastic out while servicing it and there was 20 lbs of mud packed in above the skid plates. Not sure if it came from underneath or from inside when i washed it. (or both) trying to decide if i want to cut some holes in the skid plates. I plan on upgrading to the plastic skids . just wondering what the rest of you have been doing. pro's , con's of each?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am newbie... last time I took it out, I did my best to avoid mud but still got pretty dirty... already been to car wash twice, need to go back, this time with more light. (and yes I am careful where I point the nozzle, keep distance for lower pressure, and keep a good distance from any electrical parts..many many years of dirt bikes taught me a few things.... but I have so much more to learn)

·
Registered
640 Posts
and it has been raining here for days so there won't be any dry land anywhere

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Yes it can take on a bunch! Best to stay out if possible or find a creek close to the truck

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having just moved to ohio i can tell you its all mud and hills. So i guess i'll cut some drain holes. Back when i was riding my quad when someone asked if i was going riding i would say no, I'm in the state sod relocation program. I only liked to move it 50 -100 feet at a time, now i'm carrying it around for day's.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
coat ur chit down with sum wd-40 ! b4 u ride

Reactions: Megathumper

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use tire wet now. don't mind the outside. just sucks how it builds up on top of the skids next to the frame.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I pull the plastics off around the motor and spend some quality time with the hose when I clean it. It's tough to get it all, but you can keep it pretty well cleaned out. There is a big water hole to go through on my way home, so that helps me out quite a bit. I go back and fourth through it a few times if i have been into the mud, then pull it apart and hose it out when I get home. Hot water is the best if you have access to a hot water hookup outdoors. Don't forget to grease everything when you are done!

·
Registered
109 Posts
All snow here now so it's easy to keep clean.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's snow for a couple then when it starts melting it get's sloppy, fun but sloppy last time i went riding came back with about 2 inches caked on. I only went through 1 mud hole, just the slop from the trails. the area here is all clay about 1-2 feet down so water lays and doesn't absorb into the ground so you can imagine how the top layer get's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts